Reaction score
R90S_100.jpg

R90S_101.jpg

R90S_102.jpg

R90S_103.jpg

R90S_104.jpg

R90S_105.jpg

R90S_2.jpg

Very nice Bill,going for big money these days,I've read some road tests of the R90S recently and it's still reckoned to be a bloody fine bike,thanks for posting the piccies.

Kimbo

Something is telling me that I've seen these bikes before.

Belonging to a bloke living in France rings a bell (I may have made that up....no idea about that number plate)

Right/wrong ??........:nenau

Something is telling me that I've seen these bikes before.

Belonging to a bloke living in France rings a bell (I may have made that up....no idea about that number plate)

Right/wrong ??........:nenau

That's correct - I live in France and it has been posted on here before

I know of one for sale if your interested,not a ginger though,grey/black

grey/black is very nice and the first of the two colours produced, I believe

they ride reasonably well, but nothing like a GS, IMHO - I once rode 40 miles with a flat front tyre - never stopped and it seems easy to take the weight off the front wheel by pulling "up"

Oh oh oh beautiful...
1st BMW I owned in 1978 yup, in GOLD and silver!
What a gorgeous bike.

Got enough black and grey in the garage ... fancy some ginger :D

It’s cheap enough to have a respray.
Bill,tell me to bog off if this is a precursor to a sale thread?
Ex Gary Burton machine,
Updated front brakes
Converted to lightflywheel and later internals in the gearbox but keeping the smoothcase,
£9.5k would buy it
Add £800 ish for paint ,,,still a cheap 90

It’s cheap enough to have a respray.
Bill,tell me to bog off if this is a precursor to a sale thread?
Ex Gary Burton machine,
Updated front brakes
Converted to lightflywheel and later internals in the gearbox but keeping the smoothcase,
£9.5k would buy it
Add £800 ish for paint ,,,still a cheap 90

Mike - no problems - it is a thread that is mean't to talk about the R90S .. so keep posting

I may sell the Bike in a years time, but probably not and I have a list of people interested - but lots to do before this goes and it will be the last to go

it's a very low miles Bike, (5,000), with a documented history - never really been used and was originally owner by a BMW dealer, (who I bought it from), who used it as an exhibit in his shop, I have had it for some time, (15 years, maybe more) but never really used it as I always had a couple of GS's and my R80, and never really could insure more than three Bikes at once

The problem with the restoration of a R90 is the paintwork - I believe hardly anyone can now do this and that even if it can be replicated it will not be the same as the BMW original - I think that the last time I saw a quote from Dream Machine - 10 years ago it was nearer £2,500 +

Ahh,memories,the R90S that a good friend of mine had back in the 80's had Lester wheels and a drilled airbox,(probably not allowed these days!!!)it was absolutely immaculate and was fuggin quick in them days

What are the thoughts on the R90/6 future values, the slower brother of the S, compared to the other airheads of that era,they seem the rarer of them all bar the S

What are the thoughts on the R90/6 future values, the slower brother of the S, compared to the other airheads of that era,they seem the rarer of them all bar the S

It all depends on condition and history with "older" airheads - I would think that you could buy a R90S in poor condition, (particularly the paintwork, as mechanics are relatively easy to replace), for £3k, whereas the very best examples are being advertised for £15k .............

I have just sold a 24,000 mile, very good condition 1984 R80 mono, (French Registered), which is one of my favourite Bikes, for Euros 6,000 in France - I advertised it on here for £5,500/£6k with it being re-registered in the UK and brought back, and fortunately I found an enthusiast who appreciated the Bike, and to tell you the truth I got more interest on a Watch Forum.

A good condition R90/6 was advertised on here a few months ago, (not sure if it was sold), so have a search

At one time, before we moved out to France permanently I have 10 "older" BMW.s - I started selling them maybe 12 years ago as I'm "getting" on - but none of the Bikes were sold on here, they were all sold through contacts - so it's finding the "right" buyer for these "older" airheads - very limited market on this Forum.... so maybe not the place to get an opinion

In my view they can only increase in value - judging from what I have seem over the past 20 years

The 90/6 is a good Bike - nearly a R90S - but if I remember correctly it seemed a lot heavier to ride than the R90S, a bit like the R100S, which I did not really like.

(I've still got a R90/6, but it's in bits!!!)

the /5 Bikes are really nice - I have a R60/5 which I loved to ride -if I were buying another, (which I'm not), that's what I would go for

I think I sold this for £3,250, - 10 or 11 years ago - not sure what it would sell for today

R60_5.jpg

Back
Top Bottom