The Brakes are Shite !!!!

Arsey

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
But I love the old girl !!

Picked up my T3 Cali 850 that was shipped over while I was away in Spain on the 1290.

Not had an old bike for years.
Started easily enough and off I went with the heal and toe change and nearly went straight into the back of a car at the first set of lights. The brakes don’t appear to .

It’s very smooth and the seat is not as low as I was expecting . Just lovely chugging around the coast tonight . It’ll lift its skirt up too . Very happy !

b786e46af6d2c6dbc4c7f81f009b9b5f.jpg
5ada4e321608b201373068443adfdbce.jpg
08a1c7ab17c3cc0a0e04d8adabc8b7a2.jpg
a3f77d67450f8789de668c3a2502625f.jpg

Calipers possibly need a service - being old and all:D

Arsey, you do realise that the front brake lever only applies one front disc? For their age the brakes are actually pretty good.

Anyway, glad you’re enjoying her, give her time and you’ll find they have a way of getting under your skin :)

Andres

Ardent, you do realise that the front brake lever only applies one front disc? For their age the brakes are actually pretty good.

Anyway, glad you’re enjoying her, give her time and you’ll find they have a way of getting under your skin :)

Andres
Do you recon arseys next post will be “ linked brakes”:confused::confused:

My convert is due new pads, I shouldn’t complain, the old ones are 38 years old,

You do press harder on the foot brake, those used to just using the front brake will need to adapt,

The G5 and convert bars are more comfortable.

:thumb2

Just noticed..................how the feck did you get her onto her centre stand, you truly are a man of steel (must be all that dead cow you eat)!

Andres

It’s easy, if you know the knack,

Don’t use the pin that you use to bring the stand down to the ground, instead stand on the leg of the stand as it’s on the ground, then pull the bike back, it just rolls onto the stand with not a great deal of effort.

:thumb2

Just noticed..................how the feck did you get her onto her centre stand, you truly are a man of steel (must be all that dead cow you eat)!

Andres

Getting it on was ok,but getting it off on my sloped drive later on was a biatch.
I can see a potter through Brittany on the horizon.Pah to feckin Hilltop and keyless this and quickshifter that..:aidan

It’s easy, if you know the knack,

Don’t use the pin that you use to bring the stand down to the ground, instead stand on the leg of the stand as it’s on the ground, then pull the bike back, it just rolls onto the stand with not a great deal of effort.

Easy you say?

I’ll hold you to that.......... :D

Andres

PS Ta :)

Back
Top Bottom