Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Strasbourg & Bruges midway stop over?

  1. #1
    New Member (less than 15 Posts)
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Harrogate, UK
    Posts
    11

    Strasbourg & Bruges midway stop over?

    Hi can anyone suggest a midway stop over for a night between Strasbourg and Bruges. Thanks

  2. #2
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Black Forest
    Posts
    4,788
    Great food as has own butchers and makes their own beer, we loved it.

    https://www.booking.com/hotel/lu/bra...s=1&#hotelTmpl

  3. #3
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Cheltenham
    Posts
    7,023
    Somewhere between the Ardennes & Eifel/Mosel

    This was rather nice just a few days ago - spa town, garage parking http://parkhotel-badbertrich.de/ - not far from Cochem

    Clervaux has a number of hotels and is a pleasant town. Hotel des Nations was okay in 2016

    Bouillon - Hotel de la Poste is the UKGSer clit hotel

    Trier is a lovely place for a stopover - hotel, restaurant & pub in a brewery https://www.blesius-garten.de/en/home

    Germany & Luxembourg are much cheaper than France or Belgium.
    This space deliberately left blank as the author writes too much pretentious bollocks as it is.

  4. #4
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Black Forest
    Posts
    4,788
    Bouillon - Hotel de la Poste is the UKGSer clit hotel
    Off the list then...........

  5. #5
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Huntingdonshire
    Posts
    10,342
    Quote Originally Posted by Smogbob View Post
    Off the list then...........
    Don’t count it out completely. The reason it’s so popular is that it’s got an underground car park so you can either fix your bike in the dry yourself or wait for the nice recovery truck depending on how serious the final drive failure is

  6. #6
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Black Forest
    Posts
    4,788
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyB_11 View Post
    Don’t count it out completely. The reason it’s so popular is that it’s got an underground car park so you can either fix your bike in the dry yourself or wait for the nice recovery truck depending on how serious the final drive failure is
    Clue was
    clit hotel
    with the other half..........

  7. #7
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Wapping, London
    Posts
    46,635
    What are you looking for?

    Five star? No star?

    English speaking landlord (biker friendly, natch)

    Gated compound with armed dogs?

    Full on bikermate rave with likeminds or polite silence?

    Seriously, put the start and end points of your journey into Google maps. Slide your finger along the line to about halfway. Look at the towns and villages around that point. Pick one, two or more and ask Booking.com to throw up some suggestions for the single night of your stay. Pick the one that suits you best. Do it once and you’ll know how to do it the next time. It’s fun, it’s free and they can’t touch you for it.

    PS As you are passing through the bikermates’ paradise of the Ardennes, you’ll find something somewhere to suit you. I promise.

  8. #8
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Wirral
    Posts
    14,793
    Quote Originally Posted by Wapping View Post
    What are you looking for?

    Five star? No star?

    English speaking landlord (biker friendly, natch)

    Gated compound with armed dogs?

    Full on bikermate rave with likeminds or polite silence?

    Seriously, put the start and end points of your journey into Google maps. Slide your finger along the line to about halfway. Look at the towns and villages around that point. Pick one, two or more and ask Booking.com to throw up some suggestions for the single night of your stay. Pick the one that suits you best. Do it once and you’ll know how to do it the next time. It’s fun, it’s free and they can’t touch you for it.

    PS As you are passing through the bikermates’ paradise of the Ardennes, you’ll find something somewhere to suit you. I promise.
    Are you out of your mind ?

    Clearly delusional, thinking someone on here could think and act for themselves.
    Herr Smogbob's Number One

  9. #9
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Black Forest
    Posts
    4,788
    The OP always asks for a bit of help on hotels, better than making mistakes, first hand advice better than drummed up reviews.

  10. #10
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Wapping, London
    Posts
    46,635
    Quote Originally Posted by Smogbob View Post
    The OP always asks for a bit of help on hotels, better than making mistakes, first hand advice better than drummed up reviews.
    I know.

    Refer to posts one and two:

    http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthr...19#post4953019

    He’s clearly forgotten how he might try to do it for himself or can’t be arsed.

    As to the drummed up bit? Yeah, they are all fake; as fake as some bikers.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Anyone attending a Ride Out or Event organised through the UKGSer Forums does so at their own risk.
UKGSer.com or anyone organising an event posted here will not be held responsible in any way for damage or personal injury sustained while attending any such events.

Members attending any such event do so at their own risk.

The text, images, graphics, sound files, animation files, video files, and their arrangement on this Website are all subject to copyright and other intellectual property protection. These objects may not be copied for commercial use or distribution, nor may these objects be modified or reposted to other sites without prior written permission.

Disclaimer: Use or depiction of the BMW logo or trademark throughout this web site is for illustrative and editorial purposes only, and to the benefit of the trademark owner, with no intention of infringement of the trademark.

The UKGSer Forums may include adult content for which it cannot be held responsible. Your use of this website constitutes acceptance of the UKGSER network privacy policy

"Its about being a grown up hooligan - and if that means a dark visor, remus open pipe and a bit of speeding out of town then all well and good"