Thread: Eurotunnel cancellation

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe

Eurotunnel cancellation

Looking on the eurotunnel website, amongst the smoke and mirrors, it appears that if you cancel up to 24 hours before the time of travel, you can rebook for up to a year after the date the booking was made.

Has anyone had to cancel a standard (not flexiplus ticket), and what were the charges/ implications?

We’re meant to be going away in 2 weeks, subject to my back being up to it, but want to get it booked sooner rather than later, before the times disappear.

No charge, had a credit issued to be taken within 12 months. Different dates that may be more expensive you make up the difference. That included paying with Tesco clubcard vouchers

Quote Originally Posted by g00ner View Post
    No charge, had a credit issued to be taken within 12 months. Different dates that may be more expensive you make up the difference. That included paying with Tesco clubcard vouchers
    And that’s on a standard ticket?

Basically what g00ner says is correct. You can expect to pay extra if your original booking was made weeks in advance so you got a good price then book your new journey for a peak time at short notice but you get credited the full amount you initially paid.

The other point is that if you cancel an expensive booking then use the credit to pay for a motorbike booked well in advance you keep the difference to use another day so it’s not all one way.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyB_11 View Post
    Basically what g00ner says is correct. You can expect to pay extra if your original booking was made weeks in advance so you got a good price then book your new journey for a peak time at short notice but you get credited the full amount you initially paid.

The other point is that if you cancel an expensive booking then use the credit to pay for a motorbike booked well in advance you keep the difference to use another day so it’s not all one way.
    Ok, that good to know, as the price if I book today is an eye watering £153 return!

If anyone has any discount codes, let me know!

Quote Originally Posted by The Nutty GSER View Post
    Ok, that good to know, as the price if I book today is an eye watering £153 return!

If anyone has any discount codes, let me know!
    have you priced the ferry?

Quote Originally Posted by malcopopolo View Post
    have you priced the ferry?
    Nope, not yet

same experience as gooner & Andy - binned my Easter trip as I was unwell. Paid this with a Tesco Clubcard voucher. Rebooked for June trip - the computer even remembered they owed me a quid from the voucher so I got this back and then paid a couple of quid extra due to a price difference for my chosen times.

Standard ticket.

Got fleeced on the way home as decided to return at peak time on a Saturday afternoon rather than Sunday morning and bin the overnight in St Omer. £45 extra as Saturday PM is generally a time to avoid.

I looked at a day return but they would not sell one for that time - would've had to wait 4 hours until after 6pm and still £30
    This space deliberately left blank as the author writes too much pretentious bollocks as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by wessie View Post
    same experience as gooner & Andy - binned my Easter trip as I was unwell. Paid this with a Tesco Clubcard voucher. Rebooked for June trip - the computer even remembered they owed me a quid from the voucher so I got this back and then paid a couple of quid extra due to a price difference for my chosen times.

Standard ticket.

Got fleeced on the way home as decided to return at peak time on a Saturday afternoon rather than Sunday morning and bin the overnight in St Omer. £45 extra as Saturday PM is generally a time to avoid.

I looked at a day return but they would not sell one for that time - would've had to wait 4 hours until after 6pm and still £30
    Cheers Wessie, that’s good to know. I’ll get this booked over the weekend.

Now, has anyone got some discount codes?

Now, has anyone got some discount codes?
    1ml05t

Quote Originally Posted by Wapping View Post
    1ml05t
    Haha!

Cheers Wessie, that’s good to know. I’ll get this booked over the weekend.
    I may try my clubcard vouchers....although the deadline will be tight....
    Bounce

KTM 1290 Super Adventure
    KTM 400 EXC

Quote Originally Posted by Bounce View Post
    I may try my clubcard vouchers....although the deadline will be tight....
    Your discount code is: Wh3reh@5th3ch1mpg0nen0w

.....okey dokey......
    Bounce

KTM 1290 Super Adventure
    KTM 400 EXC

Nutty got a ‘spare’ DFDS DOVER TO CALAIS ferry ticket i can transfer to you for my cost price, which I think was £39 but can check