Assistance Please with Navigator V

https://support.garmin.com/en-GB/?faq=75D9SweYt44JkzLvOOWQo9&searchType=noProduct

Nobody, unless they are carting an entire library of songs to whistle to whilst they hoon (so they can feel alive) needs a 64gb card in their navigation device.

Just get a brand new, good quality, modestly sized SD card and slot it into your device. There is no good reason why Europe North and Europe South shouldn’t then just download and you’ll be good to go.

Still working through it, have updated the Garmin Express, reformatted the SD card. According to th3 web a 64 GB will be fine...

I think I have a 64 in mine but even though I have the USA map installed as well, there’s still loads of room left as per Wapping’s post above.

Progress of sorts I think.

After updating the Garmin Express I reformatted the 64 gb micro SD card and i5 now tells me the card isn’t compatible, so I guess the next thing is to find/buy a 32 and try it.

When I’m formatting it I have tried

ExFAT and MS-DOS (FAT)

If I choose the latter it then lists it as MS -DOS (FAT32)

Still doesn’t work !

As I cannot find a 32 GB card I have ordered one

Have you managed to install the north and south maps to your device, using a smaller (sensible sized) SD card?

Have you managed to install the north and south maps to your device, using a smaller (sensible sized) SD card?

Steve is getting a card delivered today and he will be trying again over the weekend as he is busy. PS I'm not his secretary, just happen to be a mate :)

Steve is getting a card delivered today and he will be trying again over the weekend as he is busy. PS I'm not his secretary, just happen to be a mate :)

Above and beyond.

Book marked as watchin’ this thread with interest, keep us posted (as they say)

Above and beyond.

Book marked as watchin’ this thread with interest, keep us posted (as they say)

Right, sorry about the delay but work, family and even a bit of volunteering has prevented me until about half an hour a go to pick this up again. Big thanks to Casbar, I bought a 32GB Micro SD card from Amazon, renamed it which was possibly not necessary, fitted it and then connected to Garmin Express, checked for an update, there wasn't one. I reinstalled and 20 minutes later hey presto the European countries re-appeared.

When you look at maps installed on the device it shows three with green ticks in boxes alongside.

So the problem all along was using a MicroSD card that was too large, luckily I have another use for 64 GB MicroSD cards.

Again thanks to everyone who chipped in, we got there !

Back
Top Bottom