Mugged by the dealer

What a day, I’m now at the London dumpling festival and metaphors aside my partner paid £19 for tickets and it’s the same stalls as usual plus a £3 drink token.

Complete rip off again, not my day.

They charge that, because they know they can get away with it. They know that a lot of “professional” people ride modern Harley’s (that’s my polite version of more money than sense :D), and are exploiting the fact.

Ah but is that because of Trumps tarrifs.....

:nenau

No, not yet. I did expect second hand prices to firm up but didn’t expect to sell the associated arm /leg to pay for her to be serviced.

They charge that, because they know they can get away with it. They know that a lot of “professional” people ride modern Harley’s (that’s my polite version of more money than sense :D), and are exploiting the fact.

It’s also because they have a large shop just off the Kings Road. Can you imagine the overheads? Still a bloody rip off though.

I would definitely have a quick chat with the shop manager, That price is simply staggering, I cant understand why you paid it without questioning them at the time!!

Joe that's pretty bad, even worse than over here!

Not everywhere....I had oils and filter changed in Amarillo.....$160 or it might have been €170..... not bad since I just rocked up at their rather plush show room and they did it there and then.....(ok..I had to wait an hour and the Coke cost €1-50....)

“Rocking up”. Says you’re hardcore - ‘dont fcuk with me’

All the difference.........:rolleyes:

Al:thumb

It’s also because they have a large shop just off the Kings Road. Can you imagine the overheads? Still a bloody rip off though.

Their overheads will be huge to say the least. It's not unusual for HD dealers to go out of business. Being a dealer isn't a licence to print money like you'd think.

Riverside Motorcycles in Putney might be worth a try as they are local if Warrs is convenient.
They've been going for ages and were always really good on older bikes. I've had no contact for years so can't vouch for them these days.
http://www.riverside-motorcycles.com/aboutus.html

Steppers is a buddy of the guy from Riverside...

Not everywhere....I had oils and filter changed in Amarillo.....$160 or it might have been €170..... not bad since I just rocked up at their rather plush show room and they did it there and then.....(ok..I had to wait an hour and the Coke cost €1-50....)

Amarillo... "Texas"?

If so it sounds fair. A both slow and expensive mechanic could have done Joe's service in 2 hours at $100 per hour. Add $75 for fluids so $300 max.

You poking fun at newish Harley owners "more money than sense" whilst haemorrhaging £30k in depreciation in a year on a silly BMW car thing. :D

That’ll be it....

You poking fun at newish Harley owners "more money than sense" whilst haemorrhaging £30k in depreciation in a year on a silly BMW car thing. :D

I didn’t haemorrhage £30k though, I bought it as a pre reg. ;)

But it is a silly car though :D

You lot make me feel better.
700 quid for a basic service ffs, they must have seen you coming and here's me struggling to accept my Transit needed 600 quids worth of bits after 10 years of ownership.
Its a good job everyone's different.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom