"Preload Adjuster"

stolzy

Reaction score
Big red mesage on my dash "Preload Adjuster"

Any idea what it means?

Dealer says they think its a software issue and there's an update.

'Unfortunately' they can't spend the half hour required until the beginning of August.

Each day I regret a little bit more having bought it from Laguna Ashford.

'Unfortunately' they can't spend the half hour required until the beginning of August.

It hasn't exactly been plain sailing that bike has it neither has that dealer covered themselves with glory

Seriously stick it on centre stand and disconect the battery for a few minutes and see if it will re set ( it must be on the centre stand though )

Isn't that just the RAC?

Yes it is.

All they will do is scratch their heads a bit and then recover it to your dealer who will, based on the earlier comments, do f*ck all about it for weeks on end. Plus you'll probably have to get yourself over there to pick it up when they finally fix it :mad:

It means you should have got an 'R' :D

Surely you're not tied to Lagunawanker Ashford though, as it's warranty work can't you use a dealer of your choice?

Andres
You mean like one of the dealers I was recommended when I first bought it?:blast:D

I've got a few broken things after the Stella Alpina, rekon I'll check out one of the other dealers for that.

Yes it is.

All they will do is scratch their heads a bit and then recover it to your dealer who will, based on the earlier comments, do f*ck all about it for weeks on end. Plus you'll probably have to get yourself over there to pick it up when they finally fix it :mad:

Don't they put you into a replacement vehicle (car) like BMW do ?

Hi Mr S.

My bike was in last week for this identical fault. Do you also get the "Cornering ABS Fault" warning come up when you start the bike sometimes? It's like the engine struggles to turn over and then this C-ABS fault occurs. MCN have had this issue too. It seems the battery is only just about powerful enough to run the electronics and any surge throws it into a tail spin :blast

The Preload failure on my bike requires a new preload motor/adjuster at the top of the rear shock. Being fitted in a couple of weeks. Working at the moment though. The mechanic says if it goes wrong in the meantime, put the bike on the stand (as has been suggested) and run it through the modes. Seems likely that the software gets confused as to 'where' the preload is. If you look on the swing-arm there's a cam-like sensor that tells the ecu where the suspension is. If it thinks it's in between settings it throws a wobbly. So try the battery disconnect reset with bike on the stand and let us all know how you get on. It will probably fix your issue, although the mechanic did admit that he's changed a few preload adjusters already, so it may just need a new one, like mine.

Back
Top Bottom