K1600 question

Mongoose

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Does anyone know if you can change the Speedo setting from mph to kmh on the digital centre panel? Apparently, there's nothing in the handbook and nothing online?? Cheers in advance.

Sent from my Lenovo P2a42 using Tapatalk

I've had a look at mine and can't see how to do it - at least you have kmph of the speedo and can tilt the headlight to the right so you don't have to worry about covers for the headlight glass.

James

Cheers all. Seems bizarre BM fit a different module to UK bikes, rather than one which could work across the EU. Given the Big K was designed as a Euro mile muncher, it seems to be a significant design fault.

You can do it with a GS911, or ask the friendly local dealer who will be taking £££ for your service needs.

And then ask him again to reset to MPH when you return home - hardly an ideal situation.

Do you actually need to show your speed (mph or kph) in big numbers in the centre display for your holiday in metric land?

If your answer is: “No but it would be nice”, stop after the word, no.

The guy who owns the bike is staying in the same guesthouse here in Normandy. He can't see the kmh figures on his Speedo as they're tiny, so 'Yes' would appear to be the answer for him.
Do you actually need to show your speed (mph or kph) in big numbers in the centre display for your holiday in metric land?

If your answer is: “No but it would be nice”, stop after the word, no.

He doesn’t need to see the numbers on the analogue dial.

All he needs to know is that 80 kph is 50 mph

50 kph is 30 mph

French speed limits are broadly enough similar to the UK’s so don’t go much above 30 mph through most towns and / or much above 60 on the public roads and he’ll not go too far wrong. If he has a BMW sat nav the bike’s speed is displayed by default, along side the local speed limit. Exceed it and the numbers changes to red.

It really is that easy.

Back
Top Bottom