Nav 5 Portrait Mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

red1

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Any ideas why my Nav 5 reverts to landscape mode as soon as it's put in cradle even though portrait has been selected and saved?

No, but as a start and assuming the device is bike powered in the cradle, try cleaning the contacts of the cradle and the device.

Why would you want portrait mode when the Nav V, itself, is a landscape device?

If like most users, that I presume, have the display set to 'Track up', a portrait display shows more of the route rather than landscape which shows acres of space either side of the route. It allows you to have a more zoomed in view and still see more of the route than landscape allows.

Of course this only applies to those of us with the adaptable 4 button older type mount and not the fixed mount of the latter models.

If like most users, that I presume, have the display set to 'Track up', a portrait display shows more of the route rather than landscape which shows acres of space either side of the route. It allows you to have a more zoomed in view and still see more of the route than landscape allows.

Of course this only applies to those of us with the adaptable 4 button older type mount and not the fixed mount of the latter models.

I agree with your logic so long as you turn the 4-button mount through 90º. I've never tried that (and I have the 4-button mount too). Does the info. that is normally at the bottom of the landscape screen appear at the bottom of your portrait screen?

As a demo try a route on Google maps on your cell phone and see the differences in portrait and landscape.

As a demo try a route on Google maps on your cell phone and see the differences in portrait and landscape.

Will it work with the Nav V though? I know what you mean with the phone portrait layout.

This is display
16422448a1e7d241b3d60bcbf9a51d6a.jpg

Could you try it on your mount and see if it has the same issue?

Just realised that the 'Orientation' option is only available when the Nav is not powered up from bike. So why it's there is a mystery.
Thanks for all responses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom