MICHELIN PR 5

I was told they are not out yet, but due imminently . I had to fit the PR4 Trails to mine last week.

I believe they will not be available for the GS until late August

GS wc sizes were supposed to be with dealers by late June but were delayed until late July or early August due to production delays

They were not available when I asked, happy with PR4s so far

I messaged Michelin through FB last month before my holiday and they said BMW OE demand meant they were delayed until August.

I just fitted new Metzeler Roadtech 01 again, brilliant tyre.

I messaged Michelin through FB last month before my holiday and they said BMW OE demand meant they were delayed until August.

It will be the anakee 3 problem again, on my 2014 gsa I got a rear puncture at 700 miles that could not be repaired, no a3's available in uk even at bmw dealers . Had to fit a continental , bike went into main dealer a couple of months later for warranty issue and due to H and S they would not test it with mismatched tyres.
They managed to get an A3 for the rear and then when I got it back I got another rear puncture that was not safe to fix so ended up having to change the pair of tyres as no A3's were available in Europe due to bmw buying the full production run

The plot thickens, as they reckon they where delayed due to BMW taking dibs on all the stock

With the look of the tread pattern it must be for the new GS 1250R...hope so as im boked for a new bike and those boots do look good with that treadles shoulder.

Friends of mine who run them on s1000r and similar love them but they don't seem to last any longer than anything else 3000mls up to 4000 if touring seems to be the mark. I am going to try pirelli scorpion trails this time, got them ready in the garage, they have loads of rubber in the centre, so may last for two trips. My trips tend to be about 2500mls over a week, it just seems to be that whenever I am going on a trip my tyres are half worn and won't last for the duration.
15 years ago we used to get 3500 mls out of rennsports including two trackdays, all the improvements on modern tyres seems to be used up on the extra (needed ?) HP.

Friends of mine who run them on s1000r and similar love them but they don't seem to last any longer than anything else 3000mls up to 4000 if touring seems to be the mark. I am going to try pirelli scorpion trails this time, got them ready in the garage, they have loads of rubber in the centre, so may last for two trips. My trips tend to be about 2500mls over a week, it just seems to be that whenever I am going on a trip my tyres are half worn and won't last for the duration.
15 years ago we used to get 3500 mls out of rennsports including two trackdays, all the improvements on modern tyres seems to be used up on the extra (needed ?) HP.

Try Conti Trail Attack 2 , they last about 2500 per trip ( have done less) and are a great tyre , okay wear fast but has so much grip , so a set of tyres per trip to me is part of touring and the associated costs.
Ie no waste just fun.

I put a set on mine before I went away for 3 weeks at the end of June. Loads of tread left after 4000 miles :D
And yes a great tyre. At least equal to the PR4s I had. The front does seem to track a bit at speed though.

I put a set on mine before I went away for 3 weeks at the end of June. Loads of tread left after 4000 miles :D
And yes a great tyre. At least equal to the PR4s I had. The front does seem to track a bit at speed though.

Yes I noticed that as well , get a bit squirmy at times but still a great tyre for a tour two up.
Good in the wet as well. Again Conti TA2 for out and out grip and feel solo , but extra miles and pillion 01

I did a 3500mile tour on my GS LC this summer on Scorpion Trail 2s. The sides are nicely cupped and as worn as the centres, if not more. They still have another 1500 miles in them, but they definitely feel thinner compared to when new. Boring English roads will probably balance out the wear through the centres.

My friend had PR5s on his RS and was very happy with their performance on the same tour. Both tyres offer as much grip as you could ever want on the road. I have a personal preference for the Scorpion Trail 2 amongst tyres available for the GS as they offer tremendous grip, feel, and confidence - typical of many Pirelli tyres. I have no personal experience of the PR5.

I just fitted new Metzeler Roadtech 01 again, brilliant tyre.[/QUOTE]

Second that! Just had my second set fitted ready for a month in Spain plus Ride magazine rate these as Best Buy in their April issue with the road 5 coming a close second.

Speaking to Michelin at Garmische they said September at the earliest. I will almost definitely put a set on my alloys, a mate has them on his triumph and I have never seen a road tyre wear as evenly as these do. You can really see the difference in the compounds like no other road tyre.

I have 3500 miles on the scorpion trails, hardly worn and look like they will do another 5000. They seem to stick to the road ok but i have the perception that they make the front end wander a little.

Back
Top Bottom