Rev’s racing / wilbers

rovert57

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just got back from having the wilbers suspension fitted to my tc gsa and very pleased with it. Haven’t used it hard yet but the bike feels so much more planted and less sensitive to the bad road surface , and can open the throttle much harder on exiting bends great service from Rev’s suspension .

+1 2013 TC GSA, I’ve been all over Poland, Germany in the last couple of months fully loaded using the Wilbers, amazing improvement

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can I ask if you feel you could have fitted the new shocks yourself? Is there any real need to take the bike into Revs for the fitting?
Only asking as it's something I am mulling over as I need to refurbish or replace my own shocks for my RT. Regards...

Rearshock looks fairly straight forward but front one needs tank off , supposed I could have done it but then if you have any issues might end up with the bike off the road for longer . It’s not a bad ride down to Halesowen if you don’t use the m6/m5
The blokes Jon & nick at revs are very welcoming . The only downside is killing the 6 hours while they fit the shocks . I went to the library and watched a couple of films on the I pad.

Fitted Wilbers to my 2012 a couple of years ago, Haynes at the ready!
Rear is very straightforward, make sure the bush in the swinging arm is free to turn.
I took the tank off to do the front and it was a pig getting the top undone, mind you it was the first time doing it!
IIRC I also needed to buy a spanner for the top nut on the Wilbers, 30mm?

Wilbers and Rev's racing

Had the Wilbers WESA fitted to my 2014 GSA 2 weeks ago. Am very pleased with the handling and can really feel the difference when changing modes and suspension settings. Had it done at Rev's racing, great service, including a lift to the train station! by 2 great guys who are friendly and enthusiastic about what they do. Would 100% recommend.

Another big thumbs up for Revs Racing and Wilbers WESA.

I had mine fitted on Monday this week (2012 TC GSA) and spec'd the 15mm lower option. The ride is so much smoother but the bike also just feels so much more stable and tracks much truer. I could get both feet down OK (balls of the foot) before but now I can do the same with the Sargent seat in the high position and the extra legroom makes a big difference. Still have to try the bike with pillion and luggage but that will get a good test on an upcoming trip to Sardinia.

John and Nick are top guys and the service at Revs Racing is how a business should be run.

Can I ask if you feel you could have fitted the new shocks yourself? Is there any real need to take the bike into Revs for the fitting?
Only asking as it's something I am mulling over as I need to refurbish or replace my own shocks for my RT. Regards...
Fitting them is relatively straightforward but they will set them up for you far more quickly than you can do by trial and error.

Good point about setting them up,
the static sag is pre adjusted but dynamic is best with rider on the bike to get the best results,
Jon was very helpfull and knowledeajble when i ordered a rear shock for a friends zzr 1400,which transformed an allready capable bike,
Same great service when i ordered a rear shock for my new R9t last week,
As the ohlins off my wc gs wouldnt fit,,
Good service from Revs,,

Since Mikeyboy built my special the rear shock has been a bit hard.

It turns out that if you spec a shock with the weight you want to be, not the weight you actually are, it doesn't work right. :blast

After a few telephone conversations with John at Revs, he worked out that I needed a heavier spring for the larger gentleman. John packed it as he was on the phone and it arrived today. Brilliant service from Revs Racing. What's great about Revs, is that during several conversations, he talked me through everything I could do instead of spending money. In the end, I needed a new spring.

Also thanks to Mikeyboy and Magnon who swapped the spring over. It's completely transformed the back end and I now don't need to stand up all the time when I'm riding. :D

Since Mikeyboy built my special the rear shock has been a bit hard.

It turns out that if you spec a shock with the weight you want to be, not the weight you actually are, it doesn't work right. :blast

After a few telephone conversations with John at Revs, he worked out that I needed a heavier spring for the larger gentleman. John packed it as he was on the phone and it arrived today. Brilliant service from Revs Racing. What's great about Revs, is that during several conversations, he talked me through everything I could do instead of spending money. In the end, I needed a new spring.

Also thanks to Mikeyboy and Magnon who swapped the spring over. It's completely transformed the back end and I now don't need to stand up all the time when I'm riding. :D

Not sure about the gentleman bit David!:D:D

PS Another shout for Revs who did a great job modding a new Wilber’s for the rear of my Husky (another Mikeyboy special)

Back
Top Bottom