Special for sale...

Malcvtr

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
...seen at Cheltenham Harley this morning.
1320a6858f5708d336faf86f5638a96a.jpg
a211903f6346feaedf9059f33c171601.jpg
5c31ef4fb35b36d777763380e602ef6e.jpg
251a04f079b23aaf1570d1a1faabb6f5.jpg
a9af3bc57e2ba0d9d42b2f85a5755223.jpg

Am I missing something ? Why on earth would you want 'quick release' brake lines ... :blast

And how much did they want for it?

Apparently, the guy who built it works for Harley UK and I think they said the price he wants is £11,500 which doesn’t begin to cover what it cost to build. I’m afraid I don’t know anything else about it, but Cheltenham Harley do ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Apparently, the guy who built it works for Harley UK and I think they said the price he wants is £11,500 which doesn’t begin to cover what it cost to build. I’m afraid I don’t know anything else about it, but Cheltenham Harley do ;)

But surely the money you spend on your Harley is an investment... That's what the salesman said...

But surely the money you spend on your Harley is an investment... That's what the salesman said...

Only if kept standard or farkled with Harley parts, I guess. As with all specials I’ve known, this was more a work of passion than shrewd investment :)

Only if kept standard or farkled with Harley parts, I guess. As with all specials I’ve known, this was more a work of passion than shrewd investment :)

Mine certainly was.

My 883 was fitted with HD 1200 barrels & pistons, SE heads, SE flatslide carb, SE race cams, ignition & exhaust. HD dual seat, sissy and rack, forward controls, 1200S brakes, HD tacho and top spec Progressive rear shocks. 1200 gearing, HD luggage rails and HD Slant Latigo leather panniers. Not to mention the HD locking fuel cap and HD handlebar click. The list went on and on.

When it came to trade in, I was offered stock 883 money... as it started life as an 883.

I didn't trade in.

Bet it’s food fun trying to insure that ! Was this the battle of the kings bike for that dealer ?

Not sure I see the point of that as it is still just an 883 engine. Buy a Super Duke, save money and have a better handling, faster, comfier bike. To each their own though. It would be a boring world if we were all the same.

Not sure I see the point of that as it is still just an 883 engine. Buy a Super Duke, save money and have a better handling, faster, comfier bike. To each their own though. It would be a boring world if we were all the same.
It says it's now a 1200 with high compression pistons and SE heads.

Everything else you've said is accurate :)

Mine certainly was.

My 883 was fitted with HD 1200 barrels & pistons, SE heads, SE flatslide carb, SE race cams, ignition & exhaust. HD dual seat, sissy and rack, forward controls, 1200S brakes, HD tacho and top spec Progressive rear shocks. 1200 gearing, HD luggage rails and HD Slant Latigo leather panniers. Not to mention the HD locking fuel cap and HD handlebar click. The list went on and on.

When it came to trade in, I was offered stock 883 money... as it started life as an 883.

I didn't trade in.
Did you manage to shift it for more privately?

Did you manage to shift it for more privately?
A little but not much.

There was a very strong argument for converting it back to stock and selling the parts separately, but I didn't have the free time to do so.

If I'd have had the free time to do so, I'd have had time to ride it...

A little but not much.

There was a very strong argument for converting it back to stock and selling the parts separately, but I didn't have the free time to do so.

If I'd have had the free time to do so, I'd have had time to ride it...
Haha. I get that. Stripping bits, photographing them, advertising them, dealing with people who want them in exchange for a tube of Smarties (red ones missing), packaging, dispatching...

Haha. I get that. Stripping bits, photographing them, advertising them, dealing with people who want them in exchange for a tube of Smarties (red ones missing), packaging, dispatching...

Found this propping up the shed near the fire station at Chimay last week.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180728-141828.jpg
    Screenshot_20180728-141828.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 76
  • Screenshot_20180728-141813.jpg
    Screenshot_20180728-141813.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 87

Back
Top Bottom