Genunine Spotlights, dealer switch

Deleted account 200417001

Reaction score
just a quick question.

If I bought some genuine spotlights for the GS, do I need the dealer to switch anything on, or are they just plug and play?

just a quick question.

If I bought some genuine spotlights for the GS, do I need the dealer to switch anything on, or are they just plug and play?

Apparently (which means I don’t really know, but have read about it), it’s See moly a case of plugging them into the existing wiring at the headstock and turning them on. they will either work or they wont. If they don’t, the circuit just needs enabling, which is a 2 min job at your dealers.

Apparently....

Ps can you let me know if that is the case, ‘cause I was thinking to fitting a pair too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

just a quick question.

This is the case, I bought the lights direct from dealer and fitted them, plugged them in, didn’t work, 10mins and free of charge dealer enabled them. I think they said it would be 1 1/2 or 2 hours labour if dealer fitted them. Easy job really. The gamble is, will the dealer charge you to enable them? Some bikes have them already enabled (apparently).

on the up to 2008 bikes its plug in the right loom they just work there is NOTHING you can code
on the 2009 to 2012 ones they should just work, but you can code in the bulb warning message to the cluster
not sure on the LC ones, I can imagine BMW want 50 quid to do the job

there's an app by a chap in germany far far cheaper then a GS911 and you can do lots of stuff

you need a suitable adaptor to go in the diagnostic socket, 10 quid ones on ebay don't have the ability for full communication with all the bits inside your bike
https://translate.google.com/transl...u=https://www.motoscan.de/&edit-text=&act=url

Back
Top Bottom