Sena + Nav 6 + iPhone + Kenwood radio??? Help!!!

Bobbin-Man

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Please tell me this is possible ... and this might be a little long winded but I'm sure somebody must have cracked this by now!

In a past life (old hexhead) I had an Autocom SPA / Zumo 590 (hardwired) / Kenwood radio c/w PTT, all set up and functioned brilliantly for myself and my pillion, iPhone worked great via the Zumo.
We then updated to a Sena 10U (myself) and Sena 3S (piliion) which worked fine for rider-pillion comms but we'd lose the comms when we wanted to hear nav instructions or listen to music from the Zumo, we'd have to switch the headsets over by holding the "-" button on either headset - neither of our headsets have audio multi-tasking (Zumo connected via BT). I could also use the iPhone fine when connected to the Zumo and riding solo.

Moving forward and in my current life I'm now on a GS LC with a Nav 6 ... so bluetooth only. Solo riding the Nav 6 works great with my Sena 10U headset, but I'd like to get back to all the functionality we originally had with the Autocom setup. I've bought a Sena SR10 radio adaptor that should enable the Kenwood radio to be added to the setup, but as yet I can't see how I can get the SR10 to function as anything other than an add-on solely to my own Sena 10U headset. If I link the Nav 6 to the SR10, because the SR10 won't support A2DP I lose the music output from the Nav 6, plus I'm sure I'll lose my phone function. As far as I can tell the GPS would need to be hardwired to the SR10 to maintain functionality which isn't possible with the Nav 6. I'm not even sure my rider pillion comms will work if we're both connected to the SR10!

I'm already thinking that getting anywhere near the functionality of the Autocom might be just a pipe dream, but hey ho that's progress. But what can I achieve with what I have, or importantly what do I need to invest in to get something near what I'm looking for? This has to be for a rider/pillion setup, I've read through plenty of threads where people have attained near-Autocom functionality (N-A-F is probably a good acronym!) and I can get it all to work riding solo, it's when I add a pillion that it becomes lacking.

I'm not against investing in new/more kit and if the answer is that we need to upgrade our headsets (Sena 20S for multi-tasking?) then so be it, although it's a real shame my 10U integrates so well in my Neotec but lacks technical features.

Current kit:
Navigator 6
Sena 10U
Sena 3S
Sena SR10
Kenwood 3301
iPhone!

Stu.

Back
Top Bottom