Crashed my GSA, parts needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhun91

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Sadly today I came off of my GSA, could have been a lot worse. A case of over eager riding and over eager braking without ABS ended up with me being in a ditch. My MRA vario screen snapped, handlebars completely bent, small dent in tank and scuff on r/h cylinder head. Could have been a lot worse and the bike started once pulled out. I'm now looking around for replacement parts however I thought I'd start here, if anyone has any of these available in the UK I'd be very much interested:

Handlebars
1x wind deflector (clear rugged roads type)
GSA screen (pretty much any type and compatible with tobinators)
R/H cylinder head cover
BMW Adv top box hinges

Lesson learned.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Over eagerness is now a past endeavour for me .

That GSA tank sticks too far out to go sliding down the road even with crash bars. I would not like to reduce the tank capacity.

Sent from Steve's fancy iPad using Tapatalk

I might have a spare GSA oem screen
I would be very much interested. Not in the position to buy another MRA even though it was fantastic. Also I'm after a right hand cylinder plastic guard if anyone has one.

I've got original top box hinges and the fastener covers.
Pmd. I removed the sheered old ones and they were aftermarket. They spilt in half where the fasteners go.

Hinges and rh plastic cylinder head guard found. This forum is so handy. So providing my frame isn't bent I may have gotten reasonably lucky. ☺

Just need a set of handlebars and a screen now.

Motorworks do a new screen for not a lot.
They're £70 for an aftermarket one. Hoping JohnnyBoxer comes up trumps that way I'll only need to buy the bars from them and providing my frame or forks aren't bent I think I'll be okay.

They're £70 for an aftermarket one. Hoping JohnnyBoxer comes up trumps that way I'll only need to buy the bars from them and providing my frame or forks aren't bent I think I'll be okay.

The rear subframe is mild steel. I straightened mine with a scaffolding bar after a ding 18 months ago. The community here couldn't have been more helpful when I needed parts - a few even donated parts free of charge. As it happens I ended up with an extra MRA screen - it's yours for the cost of postage. It's a clear screen in perfect condition.

Happy biking:thumby:

You gotta love this place sometimes.

Glad OP is okay and that the bike is fixable.

Legend. Hoping it's not bent as I basically just ended up in a bush. I didn't actually hit anything, all the damage came from the bike falling on its side and the weight of the bike. (Bent handlebars which then dinged my tank, screen snapped at the mounts etc).

Does anybody know if it's easy to get inside the tank from the bottom? I figure the small dent will tap out no problem.

Also I need to paint my rocker cover, any ideas on what colour match the blue adventure covers?

The rear subframe is mild steel. I straightened mine with a scaffolding bar after a ding 18 months ago. The community here couldn't have been more helpful when I needed parts - a few even donated parts free of charge. As it happens I ended up with an extra MRA screen - it's yours for the cost of postage. It's a clear screen in perfect condition.

Happy biking:thumby:

That's my bike back today, luckily it didn't have any structural damage and only required new handlebars. These things really are built like tanks.

Now to fit new screen, cylinder guard, tank cover, top box hinges etc.. sure wish I could find a decent paint match for the Adv rocker covers.

Thanks UKGSER, you've been super helpful.

She's reborn. Kicking myself for not noticing the rh panel is missing from beneath the tank prior to ordering my handlebars from Motoworks. It's only 6 quid bah.
ab659837379c0bc692dc7c195657ae2a.jpg

My mechanic just messaged me, it's in his workshop. Must've forgot to put it back on when moving the tank to do the handlebars. Doh. Relief.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom