Alternative to BAAK R9T side panel fixing

Mark Hooton

Cymarcbikeparts
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi Guys (and Gals), BAAK make some damn fine side panels for the R9T

https://www.baakmotocyclettes.com/en/home/299-side-covers-bmw-r-ninet-1200-black-raw.html

I`ve not personally used them, no doubt they are excellent :bow (I`d never say anything bad about anyone else`s stuff anyhoo) however the idea of using self tappers to screw the panels into the plastic battery box is something I`d (personally) try to avoid. I stress they are no doubt excellent but I think I have come up with an alternative by simply modifying standard P clamps to incorporate a threaded rivet bush - its a bit fiddly but it does allow the panels to be fixed to the frame rather than being screwed into the battery box.

If anyone wants to fit their own side panels (even the BAAK version) just PM me and I`m happy to help with this alternative clamping method or alternatively the whole product (with modified clamps) is available on my site.

https://www.cymarcbikeparts.co.uk/bmw-r9t-side-panels-405-p.asp

28658499317_4bf2a78d1e.jpg
[/url]IMG_7459 by cymarceng, on Flickr[/IMG]

43546178691_4195b95877.jpg
[/url]IMG_7455 by cymarceng, on Flickr[/IMG]

43546111731_9453bab0e7.jpg
[/url]R9T (2) by cymarceng, on Flickr[/IMG]

43546111891_123919e029.jpg
[/url]R9T (1) by cymarceng, on Flickr[/IMG]

They look good Mark.
I'll put them on my list for later this year.

Ta,

Iain

They look good Mark.
I'll put them on my list for later this year.

Ta,

Iain

Thanks fella.

I guess I would say this but they really are - I`ve left them on my R9T coz they look so good. As for the competitions` :bow good luck to them with there`s, I really do support what other people make (I make stuff myself) but what were they thinking to screw such things to the battery box!

Anyway, ride safe and if you get any I hope you are pleased. The heavy gloss powder coating is comparatively expensive but looks so good :bounce1

Back
Top Bottom