Corrosion on the rear shock

Half the problem is that demo bikes get very little public use over the winter and tend to get used by members of staff at the dealership and if they are the type who isn't bothered about cleaining the bike then corrosion will start .

Then when it comes to selling off the demo the dealer will either not mention the corrosion (that would make such a huge difference if they were taking it in as a part ex) or underplay its significance

Indeed. Personally I think the bigger issue is that the component is rusting. BMW is supposed to be a premium brand, therefore using premium materials. If it was a Chinese cheap bike I’d accept that the quality of finish would be less than that of a premium brand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Indeed. Personally I think the bigger issue is that the component is rusting. BMW is supposed to be a premium brand, therefore using premium materials. If it was a Chinese cheap bike I’d accept that the quality of finish would be less than that of a premium brand.

Couldn’t agree more. It was a demo bike for less than 2 months. My old bike was an 05 1200, that I had owned for 6 years. I possibly washed it twice in the 6 years, never dried it!! Or acf50(or whatever it’s called) it. It wasn’t corroding.
These are supposed to be adventure bikes. Ffs if I brought it to Mongolia for a trip it wouldn’t be being washed and dried and kept in a nice, warm garage!

Couldn’t agree more. It was a demo bike for less than 2 months. My old bike was an 05 1200, that I had owned for 6 years. I possibly washed it twice in the 6 years, never dried it!! Or acf50(or whatever it’s called) it. It wasn’t corroding.
These are supposed to be adventure bikes. Ffs if I brought it to Mongolia for a trip it wouldn’t be being washed and dried and kept in a nice, warm garage!

The dealer I bought mine from told me to use ACF50. I mean really, when I bought my Triumph they didn’t have to warn me that I would need to use ACF50 or similar. To be honest the build quality and finish of my Triumph was superior to the BMW.

I’ll keep my GSA for another couple of years, then depending on what is on the market I may well look to go back to Triumph.

They do need some looking after to stay nice.
Here is my shock 2017 TB GS.
ACF50 applied from new.
95e2b41d429b2ab75fbc7afe6992c59e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom