looking for shocks

ice man

I would like to find anyone who has tried Hagon shocks on thier, gs. as I am looking to go to better shocks and really don't want to spend for Ohlins,

Progressive springs

I have used Hyperpro springs from the Netherlands and supplied by High Performance Suspension UK Limited in Exeter. The springs are progressive and have improved a couple of my bikes in the past. I tour mostly Europe and the more weight you put on the bike the firmer the suspenion becomes, no adjusting!! And their alot cheaper than replacing the whole shock, ring them on Tel.01392 444465 and the web site is www.highperformancesuspenion.co.uk

Good luck

Andy.:p

My apologies for hijacking the thread, but I'm not full member and since the discussion was about shocks, could please somebody take the following measurements (on a standard GS)?
I will be obliged.

With the rear preload at the lowest:

a) the distance between the lip of the fork seal and the underside of the top yoke with front preload at lowest and
b) highest.

The bike should support only its own weight.

The reason I am asking is because following an accident, I replaced the bottom yoke with one from the r1150r which keeps the front lower to the ground and I have bought a specialy made hyperpro front shock with hydraulic preload. I would like to have a datum of the original geometry.

Many thanks again.

ag1s

ice man said:
I would like to find anyone who has tried Hagon shocks on thier, gs. as I am looking to go to better shocks and really don't want to spend for Ohlins,

Just fitted Bitubo's and the difference is major. The bike, although sitting a bit higher feels far more stable and controllable in fast bends.

Still have a lot of work to do to get the settings right, have a bit of shake on the handlebars around 115 under acceleration. Just annoying as she seems to be squatting a bit too much on the rear.

Wish I had changed them earlier.

AdamZ said:
Just fitted Bitubo's and the difference is major. The bike, although sitting a bit higher feels far more stable and controllable in fast bends.

Still have a lot of work to do to get the settings right, have a bit of shake on the handlebars around 115 under acceleration. Just annoying as she seems to be squatting a bit too much on the rear.

Wish I had changed them earlier.

How much did they set you back?

I believe that Hagon and (sic) better are incompatible!
Their suitability is questionable based on past performance.
Buy the best you can afford.

Hyper-Pro is about the same price as Hagon and I think the VFM of HyperPro is much better (i.e. they look well made and have plenty of adjustments)

There are also WP out there but I think they're also expensive.

Just for the record, when I was looking around for new suspension I think the comparative prices were something like:

Ohlins 1300 Euro
HyperPro 750-800 Euro
Hagon 750 Euro
Standard BMW Rear I think was about 600 (not sure about that though)

Maybe this helps.

David

thanks for the replys,i put a hagon on the front of the gs,but the rear hagon didn't work out. the front shock works well. i will probably get a rear ohlin in the fall.

Back
Top Bottom