What Bluetooth headset with TFT screen ? Autocom Air ? Sena SMH10R ? or BMW comms?

bumble beemer

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Anyone got any experience with using either an Autocom Air , Sena SMH10R or BMW comms with a TFT screen?

Pros and cons of each please.

Thanks.

Would be interested to know people's thoughts on this as well.

I currently own a St1300 and use a Hard wired Autocom. I'm popping into a bmw dealer tomorrow and hopefully placing an order for a R1200 Gsa, So would be keen to know what my options are.

Many Thanks

Lee

Just updated the firmware yesterday on my Packtalk, reason for update was to facillitate Bmw TFT.
Hope this helps

Would be interested to know people's thoughts on this as well.

I currently own a St1300 and use a Hard wired Autocom. I'm popping into a bmw dealer tomorrow and hopefully placing an order for a R1200 Gsa, So would be keen to know what my options are.

Many Thanks

Lee

I also have an Autocom wired system with a bluetooth connection to the BMW Nav V. The new bike has a TFT screen so I purchased Sena 20 s Evo dual set for my wife and I. Unfortunately you can not both connect to the BMW Nav V at the same time therefore she can not hear music or sat nav instructions from the Nav V. If i connect my headset to the TFT and Sat nav , the connections sometimes drop ( either mine from the Nav or TFT or my wife's from the TFT). I had the latest firmware loaded on both headsets. I am beginning to think that the technology is not quite there yet and is rather flaky. The Sena's are on their way back to the retailer.

The autocom system is by far the best albeit wired to the helmets. I have yet to try to see if the autocom can be bluetoothed to the TFT on its own or as well as the Nav V at the same time however I do know it does everything I want it to do when connecte dto the Nav v. I only use the autocom when my wife and I are touring . However , as the new bike has TFT I was thinking of getting one of the neater fitting versions of the bluetooth headsets for use when I ride alone. hence my post.

Any views ?

If you want to use the Nav as well you’ll need a SENA 20 as a minimum. BMW and the older SENA models don’t have BT 4

I also have an Autocom wired system with a bluetooth connection to the BMW Nav V. The new bike has a TFT screen so I purchased Sena 20 s Evo dual set for my wife and I. Unfortunately you can not both connect to the BMW Nav V at the same time therefore she can not hear music or sat nav instructions from the Nav V. If i connect my headset to the TFT and Sat nav , the connections sometimes drop ( either mine from the Nav or TFT or my wife's from the TFT). I had the latest firmware loaded on both headsets. I am beginning to think that the technology is not quite there yet and is rather flaky. The Sena's are on their way back to the retailer.

The autocom system is by far the best albeit wired to the helmets. I have yet to try to see if the autocom can be bluetoothed to the TFT on its own or as well as the Nav V at the same time however I do know it does everything I want it to do when connecte dto the Nav v. I only use the autocom when my wife and I are touring . However , as the new bike has TFT I was thinking of getting one of the neater fitting versions of the bluetooth headsets for use when I ride alone. hence my post.

Any views ?

Spoke to Autocom today. They have confirmed they are working on a Bluetooth module for their wired intercoms to work with the TFT screen. The module may even be developed to communicate with both the BMW Nav and the TFT at the same time.Maybe some months away but at least there is light at the end of the tunnel !

Any views ?

Did you tried "music sharing". I connect my s20 to my phone and the Mrs can listen or not by using this feature. she probably will not get the sat nav guidance?

https://support.sena.com/hc/en-us/articles/214612706-20S-Sharing-Music-explained-

Yes I tried the music sharing . Lots of crackling and drop offs . With the TFT screen , the phone is connected to the screen and the Bluetooth headsets are connected to the screen .

I also tried music sharing by connecting the riders helmet to the Nav V and listening to the music stored on there. Same results - crackling and drop offs.

An update for anyone with an Interphone Tour / Sport / Link and has had connectivity issue with the TFT screen (ie unable to make phone calls) this has now been fixed with a new firware release. I updated my Tour last night and works perfectly with my Rallye TFT screen and now I can make phone calls.

An update for anyone with an Interphone Tour / Sport / Link and has had connectivity issue with the TFT screen (ie unable to make phone calls) this has now been fixed with a new firware release. I updated my Tour last night and works perfectly with my Rallye TFT screen and now I can make phone calls.

Hi,
I have Interphone Tour and afterparty update it don’t work for me ( IPhone 6S)

I connected phone to TFT, Interphone to TFT.

I can’t: control music from intercom( start/stop/ forward/bacwars don’t work), siwych to FM Radio.

You have the same ?

Can you deceibe how do you connect devices ?

Regards
Qubek

I have Interphone Tour with latest firmware update, I have a 2 week old GS1200 with what I would hope is latest sortware, I use android mobile with 'BMW Connected' app. Phone and Interphone are connected to TFT, all works as expected....Phone, TFT Nav, Media....all using the wonderwheel, I haven't tried to control anything using the Interphone as I find it a bit fiddly. I'd suggest checking that hardware has the latest software, delete everything off the TFT and start again. It should work and I can confirm it's very good.

Good luck

Back
Top Bottom