Car MOT & Tax history

Status
Not open for further replies.

redcap0006

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi all, going to view a vehicle (car) in NI tomorrow. Paid for a vehicle history check, the result of which hasn't scared me off. The only thing is the report did not generate tax and MOT data ...Any one assist with running a reg number, purely mot and tax. I have the other relevant history. Not sure I should put the reg number on post so I could message it if someone can help. Departing home in the wee early hours. Thanks gsers

Not sure about NI but here you can go on the DVLA website vehicle checker and it will show if MOTd and taxed

Tax is a different story these days since the tax disc was done away with as when you sell a car you automatically get any unused RFL returned and the new owner has to tax it from scratch. You cannot leave the tax on as you once could

Whilst I think NI is still administered from Swansea, they don't use the same system for checking MoT status.

The answer, a mate tells me, is to drop by a Government MoT Station & get them to run the reg number through the system. Not sure whether Data Protection changes now affect this?

Thanks , had a go myself, failed miserably. Regards tax, yea I read that its all changed now
Have a PM, replied, and hopefully its in hand
Regards

You can check online as per mainland under www.gov.uk followed by check mot history. All you need is vehicle reg and it gives both mot and tax status on the same search and yes,Swansea does here as well nowadays..

You can get MOT and Tax status easy enough ... NI reg'd vehicles do NOT show MOT history.

Lots of cars here with English reg nos (and bikes) - history of MOT grand , up untill it comes here! ... pity , would be useful !

I use a free phone app called "Total car check"

If your struggling pm the reg number.

Just discovered, as said no mot history for N.I

Thanks all.

In particular Pat, who came up with the goods:aidan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom