New Street Triple R

iandavid

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Had a test ride on the RS yesterday and came back grinning from ear to ear so ordered a new R (low) with lots of goodies for delivery 1st Sept. Cracking bike for hooning around. Keeping the GS for touring.

A bod came to slovenia last month with us on a street RS, looks nicely put together and tank range was quite impressive.

I’ve just done the same. Traded in my S1000RR for the Street Triple RS. I do several trackdays a year and the RS looks the perfect bike for it. It’s a firm ride - probably firmer than the RR, but the power is just right, the handling and brakes amazing and the noise intoxicating.

I’ve enjoyed the RR, but if I’m honest I can’t get the most out of it, even on track, and it can be frustrating on the road.

So I have the GSA for touring, camping trips and winter commenting, and the RS for shorter fun rides, track days and summer commuting.

First track day on it in 2 weeks - a two day Jamie Whitham coaching day at Anglesey :). It even looks like it might not rain!

Had a test ride on the RS yesterday and came back grinning from ear to ear so ordered a new R (low) with lots of goodies for delivery 1st Sept

You do realise that the RS & R have quite a few differences between them such as suspension, brakes and engine power?

You do realise that the RS & R have quite a few differences between them such as suspension, brakes and engine power?

I did the same back in April/May - tested the RS and ordered the R. The dealers just have the RS available for test rides (well, mine did) but there's plenty of info on the differences and with a bit of research you can make an informed choice. I'd had a Speed Triple before and was aware of how Triumph brand the different versions.

A cracking little bike and I've been having great fun on mine here in Wales and on two trips to Somerset and back.

yes, i understand that. The RS was great but IMO more track focussed.

Yep, 100%. If I was going for a road bike I'd definitely go for the R version as the RS is very focussed.

Did my first trackday on it last week though and it was excellent. Two days to get used to it but by the third session it felt familiar - such a comfy position and great for leverage on the bars for hairpins and braking.....which is astonishingly good. Really enjoyed it. Just need to get used to the long throttle turn - found myself not fully opening it on the straights probably due to previously having a quick action throttle and also the naked bike giving a false sense of speed.

Also bike looks a lot better with pillion pegs and everything else removed!

IMG_2991 by Dave Wrightson, on Flickr

IMG_2987 by Dave Wrightson, on Flickr

IMG_3052 by Dave Wrightson, on Flickr

IMG_3049 by Dave Wrightson, on Flickr

Back
Top Bottom