Wrong Number Plate - Just found out

Warlord

Do Not Resuscitate
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Been happily riding around on my new Africa Twin DCT since October 2017.

Today, after checking my documents for another reason, realised my V5, Dealer Paperwork, and luckily my insurance details, all didn't match the actual number plate on my motorcycle. :blast

Emailed the dealer this morning with photo's asking for my actual number plate to be shipped to me, and for them to check whoever owns that number plate isn't riding around with my plate on his bike !!! :blast:blast

Feckin dealers :blast:blast:blast:blast:blast:blast:blast:blast

Benhams put the wrong plate on my GS, I was only aware when the police stopped me several weeks later

Benhams put the wrong plate on my GS, I was only aware when the police stopped me several weeks later

Ouch.

Well the plate I've been riding around on was registered to a Honda PCX 125. That owner has been contacted (apparently) and his plate is correct.

I've checked my Chassis Number is same as V5 so I haven't been given the wrong bike (can you imagine!!).

My Insurance and Docs all match up. They've just fitted the wrong plate to it.

Aka the foreign trip plate

Wish I’d had one last year, may wish the same for this years trip, just waiting to see if they like any of the photos they took......

I got flashed several times in Luxembourg by the cameras that are attached to what look like mobile trailers ! Bizarrely I've received no fines after several months at all, I'm not sure if this is any coincidence but I have a pp with no GB symbol, so maybe they don't know what country I'm from ?

On a new GSA, I had the right number plate.... but on the wrong bike. I had done 600 miles and was due to go to Germany on it . The dealer had to deliver me a new bike, put the number plate on it and pay for a 600 mile service. That’s after a 700 mile round trip.
I presume they also would have had to sell my bike as second hand with 600 miles on it.

Probably sell it as a showroom test bike as it wasnt actually registered to you

I got flashed several times in Luxembourg by the cameras that are attached to what look like mobile trailers ! Bizarrely I've received no fines after several months at all, I'm not sure if this is any coincidence but I have a pp with no GB symbol, so maybe they don't know what country I'm from ?

Don't be too relaxed. Bunch of us did a European tour and some were getting tickets 6-12 months later.

My mate had this
3 years he was riding a Tenere around with 2 digits swapped around the bike even went through its first MOT like it, it was only noticed when he sold it bu the new owner !!

So technically riding uninsured :D

What does that mean? You are either insured or your not.
Bearing in mind you can just insure on a frame number, this wouldn’t make any difference at all.

My son bought a new Kawasaki from a Kawasaki dealer. Eighteen months later he comes to sell it and the prospective buyer does an HPI check and the registration is for a bmw m535i!...buyer withdraws!....dealer sez oops and just sends my son a cheque for a tenner and tells him to get a new number plate made up with the correct registration!..

Back
Top Bottom