ATENCION CARRETERA CORTADA excepto residentes

peter56

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Due to leave for Spain and was checking my route on goggle earth and I was viewing a junction and noticed a sign saying ( ATENCION CARRETERA CORTADA excepto residentes ) . This means I will have to change my route. Don't really want to do that, would it be worth ignoring the sign or would the local law give me grief

Most of the images on Google Earth are between 1 to 3 years old. If it was a temporary sign it's most probably not there anymore.

As above and anyway how would they know you are not a resident, even staying in a hotel close by gives you resident status, and I highly doubt the Guardia civil will pull over a bike.

You haven't said which road it is. Is it the one that goes north towards Jaca from Huesca?

That was closed this spring due to the road being washed away but it's fixed now and, frankly, the alternatives are better anyway.

Where was it? It's very unusual for a permanent closure on a through route, maybe there's a bypass since Google maps was last updated?

Meanwhile I was about to ride through this a few years ago faced with a similarly huge detour, just then the ubiquitous white van came round the corner and I asked the guys if the road was actually passable for my bike - it might have just been a huge crater as I found the year before!* - and they said that it was fine, they'd finished Dynamiting for the morning and wouldn't be setting any more off until after lunch! :)

dynamite.jpg

Regs

Simon
* that0s why I was surprised to find the works still in progress a while 12 months later ...

Back
Top Bottom