Thinking of a 1200 (currently run an 1100)

Did it.

Gents -
Thanks again for the stimulating and enlightening discussion. The result arrived this morning - a 2011 R1200GS Triple Black.

You lot can think of yourselves as the midwives for this delivery...

Attachments

• 20180804_132028.jpg
    20180804_132028.jpg
    250.4 KB · Views: 229
Fantastic looking bike...... I always figured that if ever got one of these, the first thing I would do would be to "black" the metallic side panels some how. It looks great.

Sent from a U11

Cheers. Does look good. Sounds better, makes me wonder if the baffles have been taken out. Its my first bike without ABS since an R80ST 20 odd years ago. Unsure if was a bad idea in that regard - I'm no lover of crashing and will it have any resale value? On the other hand I loke the idea of being able to bleed my own brakes again.

I bet the noise cancellation valve has been removed. Mine has and it sounds wonderfully deep with the standard exhaust.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Very nice bike i'm not a fan of Black but superb machine I only wish mine was an overhead cam engine so quite jealous :D

Lovely bike, I hope you enjoy it. It looks mint.

Looks like Sargent seats ??

The only thing I would swap is the Vario plastic side-loading cases for aluminium adventure cases. Had the varios on my first 1200 and now much prefer my GSA luggage as its more robust, better capacity and I find the top loading easier.

Ever had an issue getting it through an MOT without the exhaust noise valve in place? Mine sounds so nice it might not be legal...

Ever had an issue getting it through an MOT without the exhaust noise valve in place? Mine sounds so nice it might not be legal...

It would need to have more than the flap valve missing to worry the MOT tester.

Back
Top Bottom