Rainbow Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.

harry the cat

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Some of you will know that Steve Trehern, until recently service manager at Rainbow motorcycles (now Jeffries) has moved on.

He’s now set up as a Motorcycle and Vehicle Technician. Contact details:

Rainbow Workshop
Tel: 07535 434341
www.rainbowworkshop.co.uk
Email: rainbowworkshop@btinternet.com

Not exactly sure where he’s operating from but I’m told he’s somewhere near Carlton in Lindrick.

Nice guy, experienced BMW technician, and I suspect happier with the spanner’s in his hands than dealing with the corporate BMW world.

With main dealer labour prices reaching £100 an hour inc. VAT indy’s have got to be an option!

Used Steve last week for a service..............tip top and very thorough, bike now running fab

I found him aloof, patronising and had a fondness of spending my money on additional work during a service despite my instructions not to do any additional work without authorisation (I've probably just described a good majority of bmw service departments there!!)
I speak as I find and unfortunately my dealings with him were negative.

I wish him well in his new venture and perhaps he has learnt from his mistakes in the past.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I found him aloof, patronising and had a fondness of spending my money on additional work during a service despite my instructions not to do any additional work without authorisation (I've probably just described a good majority of bmw service departments there!!)
I speak as I find and unfortunately my dealings with him were negative.

I wish him well in his new venture and perhaps he has learnt from his mistakes in the past.

Are you sure you are talking about the same person?

In 20 years of knowing him and dealing with him I have found the opposite

Every time my bike went in for a main dealer service he always went through what needed doing and prevented me from spending money unnecessarily on service procedures that didn't need doing at that moment in time

More often than not, I witnessed him help customers with their bikes and try to save them money

Perhaps you were awkward with him, so warranted the response you got ?

Steve is a good bloke, knows his stuff ... a methodical and experienced technician. I've known him for over thirty years.

He's operating for a garage in Lindrick Dale, just off the A57 between Worksop and Rotherham.

Sorry johnnyboy (and Deleted account 181015001) but your experience is a one off, you either caught him on his one (maybe two) and only bad day, or you rubbed his back up :D

I wish Steve well, he'll do well .... and I can't recommend him highly enough :thumby:

i-TW3pVvg-L.jpg

:beerjug:

Agree totally with Micky, and (amazingly) on this occasion with JB. Steve has never let me spend anything I didn't need too. Good luck to him in the future. I would be more than happy to use him.

Agree totally with Micky, and (amazingly) on this occasion with JB. Steve has never let me spend anything I didn't need too. Good luck to him in the future. I would be more than happy to use him.

That's a first then :p

Are you sure you are talking about the same person?

In 20 years of knowing him and dealing with him I have found the opposite

Every time my bike went in for a main dealer service he always went through what needed doing and prevented me from spending money unnecessarily on service procedures that didn't need doing at that moment in time

More often than not, I witnessed him help customers with their bikes and try to save them money

Perhaps you were awkward with him, so warranted the response you got ?
Yes, I'm sure.
Don't get too hung up on it.

Micky, I didn't rub him up the wrong way. The total opposite was the case!! Cheeky fecker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom