Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: CAEN ACCOMODATION

  1. #1
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    North Lincolnshire
    Posts
    107

    CAEN ACCOMODATION

    Me and my lad are looking for an overnight stop in Caen in early September before catching the Ouistreham/Portsmouth ferry on the next night.One of our bikes is a classic which we don't want to park on the street overnight. So we are looking for accommodation that has secure bike parking within walking distance where we can get a few beers and a decent meal, any ideas/suggestions, please?

  2. #2
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Wapping, London
    Posts
    49,039
    I woudn’t worry too much about the street. After Le Mans, there are cars worth multiple thousands parked over night. Nothing seems to happen.

    Not happy?

    Go onto Booking.com where you will find upwards of 60 hotels listed. Find one you like? Click on ‘Facilities’ which will tell you about parking. Want to be sure? Ring them up.

  3. #3
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,287
    We recently visited a hotel by the gates to the port in Caen, it’s a useful RV point when touring with a group. This time the hotel warned us that the car park was no longer secure as the illegals walking around the area are committing crime.

  4. #4
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Cheltenham
    Posts
    7,290
    Ouistreham is tiny but has an Ibis Styles right next to the ferry port. Gated car park. Very handy if you have an early ferry.

    Restaurant next door or short walk to Avenue de la Mer which has a choice of pubs & restaurants
    This space deliberately left blank as the author writes too much pretentious bollocks as it is.

  5. #5
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    North Lincolnshire
    Posts
    107
    Quote Originally Posted by Wapping View Post
    I woudn’t worry too much about the street. After Le Mans, there are cars worth multiple thousands parked over night. Nothing seems to happen.

    Not happy?

    Go onto Booking.com where you will find upwards of 60 hotels listed. Find one you like? Click on ‘Facilities’ which will tell you about parking. Want to be sure? Ring them up.
    Fair point, but as we can chain the 'proper' bike to the XR which has an alarm, its not theft thats the main concern, its the passing fuckwits messing with my pride and joy that worries me
    '

  6. #6
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    bath UK
    Posts
    323
    Quote Originally Posted by cjw View Post
    Fair point, but as we can chain the 'proper' bike to the XR which has an alarm, its not theft thats the main concern, its the passing fuckwits messing with my pride and joy that worries me
    '
    Never happened in very many years of bike travel..


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Chester
    Posts
    5
    We stayed in hotel de France. Rue de la gare. +33231521699. They have a roller shutter garage in a courtyard with metal gates. Six of us and all under cover. Hotel is cheap enough and rooms are ok for one night.

  8. #8
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    556
    Ibis Caen Centre has underground parking perfectly located right on the marina loads of bars and restaurants.

    The old town is a few minutes walk away with more restaurant choices.

    If the Ibis is full the Mercure is next door and share the same underground car park.

    Check out their prices on www.accorhotels.com

  9. #9
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Bracknell
    Posts
    2,845
    Quote Originally Posted by Jersey_GS View Post
    Ibis Caen Centre has underground parking perfectly located right on the marina loads of bars and restaurants.

    The old town is a few minutes walk away with more restaurant choices.

    If the Ibis is full the Mercure is next door and share the same underground car park.

    Check out their prices on www.accorhotels.com
    Looks a good spot with lots about

    Did they do the normal Ibis 6:30am breakfast?

    How much did they charge for the car park for a motorcycle?

  10. #10
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    North Lincolnshire
    Posts
    107
    Quote Originally Posted by Jersey_GS View Post
    Ibis Caen Centre has underground parking perfectly located right on the marina loads of bars and restaurants.

    The old town is a few minutes walk away with more restaurant choices.

    If the Ibis is full the Mercure is next door and share the same underground car park.

    Check out their prices on www.accorhotels.com
    Thank you very much, thats exactly the sort of information that I was looking for,Booking, you cant beat recommendations.
    Cheers
    Craig

  11. #11
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    556
    Quote Originally Posted by dave hendy View Post
    Looks a good spot with lots about

    Did they do the normal Ibis 6:30am breakfast?

    How much did they charge for the car park for a motorcycle?
    Hi Dave can’t remember on both counts seem to think parking was about 10 Euro but we jammed about 7 bikes on the one space.
    Somewhere in the booking process there is a special request, I usually put in parking for moto so they are aware and resreve a space.

  12. #12
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    556
    Quote Originally Posted by cjw View Post
    Thank you very much, thats exactly the sort of information that I was looking for,Booking, you cant beat recommendations.
    Cheers
    Craig
    If your staying on a Saturday night there is a huge market on a Sunday right outside the hotel door.

  13. #13
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Bracknell
    Posts
    2,845
    Quote Originally Posted by Jersey_GS View Post
    Hi Dave can’t remember on both counts seem to think parking was about 10 Euro but we jammed about 7 bikes on the one space.
    Somewhere in the booking process there is a special request, I usually put in parking for moto so they are aware and resreve a space.
    Ok, cheers

  14. #14
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    North Lincolnshire
    Posts
    107
    Quote Originally Posted by cjw View Post
    Thank you very much, thats exactly the sort of information that I was looking for,Booking, you cant beat recommendations.
    Cheers
    Craig
    Ibis booked, the secure underground parking sold it for me!,
    Thank you very much for the tip
    Cheers
    Craig

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Anyone attending a Ride Out or Event organised through the UKGSer Forums does so at their own risk.
UKGSer.com or anyone organising an event posted here will not be held responsible in any way for damage or personal injury sustained while attending any such events.

Members attending any such event do so at their own risk.

The text, images, graphics, sound files, animation files, video files, and their arrangement on this Website are all subject to copyright and other intellectual property protection. These objects may not be copied for commercial use or distribution, nor may these objects be modified or reposted to other sites without prior written permission.

Disclaimer: Use or depiction of the BMW logo or trademark throughout this web site is for illustrative and editorial purposes only, and to the benefit of the trademark owner, with no intention of infringement of the trademark.

The UKGSer Forums may include adult content for which it cannot be held responsible. Your use of this website constitutes acceptance of the UKGSER network privacy policy



"Its about being a grown up hooligan - and if that means a dark visor, remus open pipe and a bit of speeding out of town then all well and good" Kaister 2005

"I have always known this community is full good people even if most of you cover it up with piss n vinegar" Chad 2018