Anyone switched from a GS to a 1260 Multi?

Nick dj

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Had a 2017 GS Ralley for 6 months and not loving it after my twin cam GS

Has anyone been tempted with the new 1260?

Your thoughts?

I went from a 2015 GS triple Black to a 17 Multistrada Enduro. Whilst I had the enduro for a service I took a spin on the 1260 and it felt similar bar being a bit smaller and sharper. I only kept the Multi for 3 months before I replaced it with another GS. The multi is a fantastic bit of kit and I miss the outrageous top end of the engine. Its a much sharper tool in every way than the GS and in particular the Skyhook suspension is remarkable - it seems to iron out all the road perfections. I also loved the fact that it wasn't a GS!! Having said that I missed the refinement and quality feel of the GS. I was also surprised to find that the GS is far more refined - the Multi is considerably noisier and has much more vibration ("character" the Ducati guys say!!) I also had sleepless nights wondering what it might be worth in time with some mileage on it! The multistrada comes at an adventure bike from the sports bike side whereas the GS comes at it from a touring angle. I loved an hour blasting about on the multi in a way I never could on a GS but if you want a bike for longer journeys and touring the GS wins hands down in my opinion. The GS is a bit duller overall but a better all rounder as a result. I have no regrets having bought the multi but am happier back on the GS.
Its an itch well worth scratching though!!
Macker

I went from a gs to a multi dvt ( not enduro)
And besides the biz seat and screen which i changed ,for road riding and touring I found it to be significantly better in every single way
Go and have a go and see what you think .

Back
Top Bottom