Wee shottie of an LC low seat

Schtum

Iconoclast
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Anyone in the Central Belt got one I could try...? I bought a low Sargent a couple of years ago but even after having had rhinoplasty performed on it, it still makes it harder to get my feet down than my standard height BMW seat.

When you say low seat, if you mean a lowered bike, welcome to try mine, but you'll have to come here...boss here this w/e and busy all week.

I find mine v comfy at 5'8" with 29 inside leg and some bones in my pelvis welded together!

Any time this week except fri pm.

May even spring to a cuppie!

PM if you want a phone no.

When you say low seat, if you mean a lowered bike, welcome to try mine, but you'll have to come here...boss here this w/e and busy all week.

I find mine v comfy at 5'8" with 29 inside leg and some bones in my pelvis welded together!

Any time this week except fri pm.

May even spring to a cuppie!

PM if you want a phone no.

That's very kind of you Gerard but no, I mean just a low seat. Having said that, if I remember correctly from my days of selling the bikes, after I retired, it might be that the low chassis bikes have the low seat as standard. Hmmm....

I'd had low seats on my previous 4 GSes and when I got the LC in 2013, I found I could get away with a standard height bike with the standard seat. A lot of water has flowed under the bridge since then.

Schtum how are you getting on with this, I'm thinking of a low seat as well, would be interested to know how they have achieved this.

Does the seat tilt more down towards the tank or have they actually lowered the whole seat either loosing padding or reducing underseat space?

I find at the moment the seat tilts more than id like so wouldn't want to exacerbate that.
I'd prefer to have my feet a little closer to the ground when offroad but certainly don't want less ground clearance.

Schtum how are you getting on with this, I'm thinking of a low seat as well, would be interested to know how they have achieved this.

Does the seat tilt more down towards the tank or have they actually lowered the whole seat either loosing padding or reducing underseat space?

I find at the moment the seat tilts more than id like so wouldn't want to exacerbate that.
I'd prefer to have my feet a little closer to the ground when offroad but certainly don't want less ground clearance.

I bought one on here, from a very nice man, for £90. I've not been out on the bike with it fitted yet. Having fitted it and sat upon it, I think your suspicion about it tilting down towards the tank is correct. The padding is also a bit more scooped out. I don't see any change in the clearance under the seat. HTH

Thanks fella. I have noticed wunderlich do eccentric bobbins for the front. May get some of those to achieve the same effect i can quickly swap back for a longer ride.

I bought a low seat for my 2008, sent it to Tony Archer to be made up I've 29" inside leg with standard height suspension. cost me £90 a few years ago.

I doubt it will fit but you are welcome to try.

Daytona beets reach the ground quicker I find that helps too.

How about - bugger off, Peter....:rob It's been established beyond doubt that anything over 5' 10" is a waste of DNA.

Back
Top Bottom