Scorpion exhausts, made in England.

King Rat

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I know people recommend the Akropovic system, but at £1000+ it is a non starter. What about buying British and going down the Scorpion route?
Any thoughts please. They are only 30 miles from me.

I had a Scorpion stainless steel exhaust on my XCountry for a while but found it far too loud.

I had a Scorpion stainless steel exhaust on my XCountry for a while but found it far too loud.

Noise I'm not that fussed about.

I SAID I'M NOT THAT FUSSED ABOUT NOISE! It is about 6kgs lighter than the standard outfit. Did it stand the test of time? Or did you not have it that long because of the noise? I have a Remus on the 1150 and I think that is perfectly quiet.

I bought one off e bay and the carbon sleeve was worn so I took it down to them one morning and they put a new sleeve and two new end caps on for me while I waited.
They only charged 60 quid and made me a cup of tea while waited, fourty minutes later I was on my way home.
Great Service and nice folks.
The can looks and sounds good I'd recommend them any time.

It did not stand the test of time as I really hated the noise. Now have the original one with baffles and cat removed back on (a baffle had come loose and restricted the flow, which is why I got the Scorpion - paid for by the dealer who sold me the bike). Scorpion is sold to someone who, like yourself, is not that fussed about the noise. It is, of course, a matter of personal preference. A neighbour whose house I pass on the bike thought it was "loud but not offensive".

People like Akrapovic label the same as the Sportsbike riders love “Alpinestars” or “Dainese” across their chests.

A free-flow can is pretty much the same (for performance) no matter which label you have. Two Brothers, Akra, Scorpion, whatever......

Scorpion make a good can, and supply Metalmule with their slimline cans for their symmetrical pannier frames.

Al

People like Akrapovic label the same as the Sportsbike riders love “Alpinestars” or “Dainese” across their chests.

A free-flow can is pretty much the same (for performance) no matter which label you have. Two Brothers, Akra, Scorpion, whatever......

Scorpion make a good can, and supply Metalmule with their slimline cans for their symmetrical pannier frames.

Al

I shall have a look at that - sounds promising. i am going up next week to see Martin in Ripley and have a look see. Thank you for replies folks. The 'loud but not offensive' bit sounds acceptable.

Well made, sounds great & cools of a lot quicker than stock.
Which is great for those thative outside under cover as no chance of cover melting on hot exhaust.

I did add a heat shield just incase as you can't use the standard heat shield, weather its needed I don't 100% know.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1522075547366.jpg
    FB_IMG_1522075547366.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 282
  • FB_IMG_1522075543029.jpg
    FB_IMG_1522075543029.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 282
  • FB_IMG_1526061190836.jpg
    FB_IMG_1526061190836.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 283
  • Screenshot_20180808-142214.png
    Screenshot_20180808-142214.png
    116.1 KB · Views: 255
  • Screenshot_20180808-142454.jpg
    Screenshot_20180808-142454.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 277
Tried a scorpion a long way back now.

Don't think the bike went as well- these bikes run really lean anyway, and adding this can didn't help.

Lots more noise and it didn't feel as torquey to ride. Only kept it for a few weeks....

This:agree
Any lightweight can is going to be noisy on a big single.
Only really bothers someone behind you though:D
Or the neighbours if you leave the house at early o’clock

I don't think its too loud, I like it mesen & as you say Mikey it on bothers those behind :D

This:agree
Any lightweight can is going to be noisy on a big single.
Only really bothers someone behind you though:D
Or the neighbours if you leave the house at early o’clock

PERFECT! Nick and Alison have been waking us at 04.30 for years with his noisy van...... payback time! I have a T-shirt somewhere, from my STREETFIGHTERS days, 'Loud pipes save lives'. :D

The heat thing is the bit that bothers me most. I could do without burning holes in my trousers!

I stayed in a small gite in Brittany one year, with the owners next door.

Left around 05:00, so had everything I could, on the bike from the night before, and only had the binbag to load for the short run up to the village bins.

Started the bike (Boxercup Replika with Staintune exhaust) - Gite owners' dogs started howling.....

Rode to the bins - more dogs started barking............

Rode through the village - and every feckin dog woke and started barking.

Your neighbours will just love you!

Back
Top Bottom