Would anyone be interested in a rack for ortleib/touratech panniers Reply to Thread

pete.keys

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi all

Most of the R Nine T luggage options are retro and I don't think fit the Urban style

I have always liked ortlieb panniers - now touratech seem to have an exclusive distribution on them as their own product

I was thinking of making up a rack to mount the panniers like this

f7EYGNj6s3ieZ1iENm2Ed2sTVyg9c2GaP9aET5l8Ab8wsp7AEbvwLsyp76boxcrD7UM0fBojQAIldOJu4o0NDh-gUgsVj3Wgu8-Kcwk3p2dqHWKEylFLsH7cfAc_J9T0MNzv0PASG7ii6m6pgoahfARvwMwpyod6Er1_9EWO6kA24Qp5YZ7ahI9HwQkYg-5TH2CSsQuWCmfAxC_Tm7drK6Ht7Z4CxqNeBrSMq6EautMAcKfKwqjHkgpR2ArS2zsIdOEpSXTZdwKisxvh3Iwt-FAIaJuSp70zjfYwGPmDMuF-NyBNqKUfWRkU6QUqrTG7Z0Mv_2XNrbnRk6uQqEzdQ30VV83RmXDkqOgBMKwo8ueuMYlwoe_8OXAThnxLtZwiAldusVXzHa-RMbJV5be1WH4QJFN_u9S0eH1aKdE9-piHAH-OjGvEpv8fLrD7BJPh52TXD0jhlE18azRCXEhOkc3MMxmBCN4kWgtExpIvva788_je1FmH60aRVFQ0Ni25oQkDFL6Fvk-Ey2cnBHUKi287TCHVm_g5umZpK6qvZCUvZFvi_JqCbfzKsMYo5f8LOopEqZnsLsXCF60NWALRV2dapeqle4YhZ06YrzI3EmxeUtF_jgq7C5Cs542-YMzJfnH97atR-HKZ6icn1vz5CJXjxOnFKH96gA=w1213-h738-no

they come in most colours and the bags from turatech are £276 for the pair https://shop.touratech.co.uk/side-bag-endurance-click-pair-orange-by-touratech-waterproof.html

I'll buy the frame hoops at £45 each
pannier-frame-hoop-steel.html

And use this mounting kit at £65 : it should make the frame totaly removable in a couple of minutes when you don't need the panniers.

44115-250_01_1500_web.jpg

I was wondering if anyone else would be interested if I can find someone to make up the brackets to join the frame hoops to the mounting kit?

Not a bad price for the bags, prefer black tho, or seat colour matching plastic..
I’m sorted for panniers bags on my Turban.
Not a bad idea tho

Good idea but best would be if the factory would offer proper hardbags in plastic & aluminum right from the factory :thumb2
Otherwise Hepco-Becker has real luggage between 38 liter (aluminum) and 42 Liter (plastic) to offer;I know these are not Ortlieb softbags...;)

Good idea but best would be if the factory would offer proper hardbags in plastic & aluminum right from the factory :thumb2
Otherwise Hepco-Becker has real luggage between 38 liter (aluminum) and 42 Liter (plastic) to offer;I know these are not Ortlieb softbags...;)

thanks for the reply

BMW does sell items for R Nine T now but they look like they're "Unit Garage " re branded so ok for retro but not off-road

Re Hepco and Becker - yep they do .. just fancied the Ortlieb soft luggage

All BMW sells for the R9T is useless junk for hipsters who would never go touring in first place...:(
It is a great bike that deserves good factory luggage !
AS also a center-stand ! What do you do if you have a flat tire on a tubed tire and no center-stand ?
But Pete I'm sure there is a market for your stuff & good idea,too because Ortlieb makes good quality soft-gear.

Back
Top Bottom