Thread: Using cams abroad

Using cams abroad

Shouldn’t something like this be a sticky on here?

https://www.which.co.uk/news/2018/08...ing-in-europe/

Tom

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Bugger, something else to worry about when I go to Johnny Foreigner land.

So what happens if you wear a body cam?
    Caution : May stop suddenly

What about action cams

Never knowingly understood Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Fuck 'em ...

Adventure.GS
    Tours, training or custom made earplugs ... it's all here.

"If you want the rainbow then you have to put up with a little rain" Dolly Parton

Quote Originally Posted by rovert57 View Post
    What about action cams
    It’s still a video camera used in public which is what these rules/laws are aimed at.

Tom

Tom, what do you think the local plod will be most interested in, placing the following in the correct order, highest to lowest:

Parking on a double yellow line

Being complicit in murder

Using a video recorder

Exceeding the speed limit

Having a turnip in the panniers

Possessing an overly loud exhaust

Not having a passport, driving licence and evidence of valid insurance, available for inspection

Whistling (out of tune)

Driving over the limit

Not waving

Not having a turnip in the panniers

Failure to observe a stop line

Crossing an unbroken white line to turn into a petrol station

Acting like a fuckwit in the company of likeminds

Quote Originally Posted by Wapping View Post
    Tom, what do you think the local plod will be most interested in, placing the following in the correct order, highest to lowest:

Parking on a double yellow line

Being complicit in murder

Using a video recorder

Exceeding the speed limit

Having a turnip in the panniers

Possessing an overly loud exhaust

Not having a passport, driving licence and evidence of valid insurance, available for inspection

Whistling (out of tune)

Driving over the limit

Not waving

Not having a turnip in the panniers

Failure to observe a stop line

Crossing an unbroken white line to turn into a petrol station

Acting like a fuckwit in the company of likeminds
    I'm guilty of too many of those

Having read the article I was convinced it must have been published in the Daily Mail - every idiot's source of half truths and misleading statements - but no, it was in a Which piece. What have things come to? Once upon a time Which told you which was the best hot water bottle or vacuum cleaner. Now they are confusing motorists and bikers with this sort of info.

I'm with Wapping - what sort of officer of the law is going to trouble his or herself to enforce these petty regulations - actually, having once been an officer of the law, I know what sort would seek to prosecute for using a dash cam. We had a word for them - TITS . Film and be damned I say

ps - what happens if you are filming some scenery using your smart phone and happened to include a shot of a Swiss person. Will they invade to defend the citizens liberties. It's a worry

Quote Originally Posted by mw3230 View Post
    Having read the article I was convinced it must have been published in the Daily Mail - every idiot's source of half truths and misleading statements - but no, it was in a Which piece. What have things come to? Once upon a time Which told you which was the best hot water bottle or vacuum cleaner. Now they are confusing motorists and bikers with this sort of info.

I'm with Wapping - what sort of officer of the law is going to trouble his or herself to enforce these petty regulations - actually, having once been an officer of the law, I know what sort would seek to prosecute for using a dash cam. We had a word for them - TITS . Film and be damned I say

ps - what happens if you are filming some scenery using your smart phone and happened to include a shot of a Swiss person. Will they invade to defend the citizens liberties. It's a worry
    Surely whistling out of tune would be high on their priority list.