Jetboil Gas - where to buy

john_aero

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I am thinking of getting a jetboil stove and lot recommend staying with the jetboil gas too

Anyone know where can get these in Ireland?

I believe the MSR gas is the same so either would do

cotsworld do them on special order but wont post/ship around Ireland

Thanks

John

Was looking at them. Including shipping they work out at €50 but only pre order.

Not bad at all and take the larger Coleman 250g gas canister

Jetboil is €85 on offer at moment free postage

I think the advantages of one gas over another will be in the amount of propellant used and their ability to tolerate near zero temperatures, some stoves will allow you to invert the canister to help alleviate this issue but obviously not an optiobn with the jetboil. Given lack of Hymalayan type mountains here I wouldn't be too worried about high altitiude performance. As such, any outdoors shop will have a suitable can for you to screw in the the jetboil, halfors also do some.

Cheers Murr,

I looked but the halfords one was too large

Ah no rush I’ll prob just need get friend pop into Cotswold in dublin

You could use An Posts AddresPal to get it in.
Saw them in Call of the wild aka The Great Outdoors shop in Galway for €130
Could have been a more elaborate one.

Found supplier in limerick who will get them in so happy days

Now find stove to buy

Jetboil or Primus or msr if can get one cheap

Was looking at them. Including shipping they work out at €50 but only pre order.

Not bad at all and take the larger Coleman 250g gas canister

Jetboil is €85 on offer at moment free postage

Just ordered one of those this morning, including the address pal fee from an post the total cost delivered to me is 43 euros. That's roughly same price as the maple fire brand one ordered from China but without having to wait a month and gamble with customs duty.

It is a fire maple stove I think

Good price but bit bulky compared jetboil

Might have buy one to test an see if worth it or if best stick with petrol stove

Youre right John, ketboil packed 104x165 and 345g vs Brukit at 130x172mm packed and 559g, however the brukit does come with a pan adapter( so you can use other pots and pans) and the jetboil doesn't. Thats about 50% more weight but you do get about 50% more capacity 1200mm vs 800 and that pan adapter. If I'm travelling for a tour Id be using my optimus multifuel stove soo I can fry stuff etc.

Youre right John, ketboil packed 104x165 and 345g vs Brukit at 130x172mm packed and 559g, however the brukit does come with a pan adapter( so you can use other pots and pans) and the jetboil doesn't. Thats about 50% more weight but you do get about 50% more capacity 1200mm vs 800 and that pan adapter. If I'm travelling for a tour Id be using my optimus multifuel stove soo I can fry stuff etc.

i would like a small gas stove for weekend trips for coffee and soup fast when stop. its pack size i don't like about brukit

ah no rush ill keep eye for a used jetfoil

Back
Top Bottom