Campervan/Motorhome insurance question.

I use SafeGuard too

I use Safeguard, it covers europe fully comp unlike some cheaper companies that require a green card fee or reduced to tp when abroad,
Un restricted aa cover included inc europe, some have age and limits over 18 ft or 3.5 ton,
Check you have the cover you need it does vary,
We had a big claim years back and they were good, reasonable prices,, at least on my post code etc,,

I use SafeGuard as it has good European cover (maybe Brexit will change that in future ?).
Its a reasonable size A class motorhome (>3.5 tonnes). And the contents cover was pretty reasonable too.
They didn't load my premium or even blink when I added 4 mates onto the policy so we can take it in turns driving for weekends away.

Also RAC do a breakdown cover which covers you personally ... so I have that too, it covers my GS, my car, my motorhome, and any other similar vehicle I am travelling in. It appears more expensive, but its the only recovery / breakdown cover that you will need.

Insurance for my 1996 VW T4 Autosleeper Trooper due early January.

Sleeps 'on the street' in a quiet cut-de-sac, but with a Balby postcode :blast

Spent virtually the full day on the 'phone checking out some of the suggestions above ....

Current insurer (Safeguard) renewal is £332.60 and wont budge.

Herts £351.00

Caravan and Camping Club £943.42 :eek:

Saga and Comfort won't insure because it sleeps on the street.
Been insured with Saga before for several years so something has changed there!

Went with Adrian Flux, very pleasant to deal with, knowledgable ... and at £275.00 saved £50+ on my renewal :thumb

:beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom