Hilliberg - who’s good for a discount?

Joe narvey

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Looking for a Soulo. Best I’ve seen is £610, anyone know of a dealer that discounts them ?

Joe Brown had them less 20% last month - No good I know!
For what it's worth I got a discount on my three;
15% tossers discount at Cotswold.
Footprint and £100 at Outside Cambridge.
Footprint & 10% at Alpenstock.

It's a bit like buying a Breitling …. you need to ask as they're trying to protect the brand.

Joe Brown had them less 20% last month - No good I know!
For what it's worth I got a discount on my three;
15% tossers discount at Cotswold.
Footprint and £100 at Outside Cambridge.
Footprint & 10% at Alpenstock.

It's a bit like buying a Breitling …. you need to ask as they're trying to protect the brand.

Thanks, will try them.

KFC deliver, just like they do at home

I did check for deliveroo in the Westfjords but it didn’t seem to work.

Inter strongly though an UBer from 47th in NY to Tower Bridge is £77.

I've got a Hilleberg Akto, plenty of space to cook in the alcove, just don't carry loads of crap with you.

I have a Staika but I’m only ever going to solo camp. I didn’t use the second vestibule on recent trip so can shave off that weight with a Soulo or Enan.

I've got a Hilleberg Akto, plenty of space to cook in the alcove, just don't carry loads of crap with you.

You're having a laugh surely, with wet bike gear in the rain you can't even get onto the sleeping bag without it getting damp.
I had one with a footprint and despite great expectations I hated it.

Dry weather or without bike gear would have been a different matter :)

I realise I was due a couple sarcastic comments on the chin but I do love the quality of the smaller technical tents. I guess if it's too wet and windy for a tarp you just can't cook Jack?
Would like something of quality but big enough vestibule.

You're having a laugh surely, with wet bike gear in the rain you can't even get onto the sleeping bag without it getting damp.
I had one with a footprint and despite great expectations I hated it.

Dry weather or without bike gear would have been a different matter :)

I have had no issues wet or dry. I'm not a giant, so plenty of room at the bottom, plus the porch. I also have a two man tunnel tent, but have been using the Akto for the last couple of years with no issues.

I’ve had several mountain tents and never failed to be able to cook in them. Ok, using my MSR Whisperlite with petrol was a bit fraught when you cracked the fuel valve open after pre-heating but changing over to using Aspen 4T as the main fuel and gel for pre-heating removed that element of danger and I used to boil water for my morning coffee while still in my sleeping back and the stove right next to me.

I have had no issues wet or dry. I'm not a giant, so plenty of room at the bottom, plus the porch. I also have a two man tunnel tent, but have been using the Akto for the last couple of years with no issues.

I get that, many love them and perhaps I was hasty in getting rid of mine as the quality v lightness was exactly what I wanted ..... perhaps if I was still a 20 yr old :D

I get that, many love them and perhaps I was hasty in getting rid of mine as the quality v lightness was exactly what I wanted ..... perhaps if I was still a 20 yr old :D

Nammatj 3 is the only tent you'll ever need … and you can sit bolt upright inside.
Saying that, I was so impressed that I also bought a Nammatj 3 GT.
The difference in pack size between the 2 side by side is vast, with the GT being half as big again.

But the standard size Nammatj just hits that sweet spot between weight, strength, size, height and space.

Nammatj 3 is the only tent you'll ever need … and you can sit bolt upright inside.
Saying that, I was so impressed that I also bought a Nammatj 3 GT.
The difference in pack size between the 2 side by side is vast, with the GT being half as big again.

But the standard size Nammatj just hits that sweet spot between weight, strength, size, height and space.
I've always considered the Nammat but it would be the 2GT.
I have 2 other Hillebergs so couldn't afford a 3rd!

I think the 2GT would be perfect if I were under 6ft, but that extra 4 inches makes all the difference ….. right ladies? :thumb

But you're right about the Akto, just too snug for anything other than kipping in - Even reading a book is awkward with the roof so close to your face.
I still do a one nighter in mine a couple of times a year - Get in loving it & get out hating it.

I think the 2GT would be perfect if I were under 6ft, but that extra 4 inches makes all the difference ….. right ladies? :thumb

But you're right about the Akto, just too snug for anything other than kipping in - Even reading a book is awkward with the roof so close to your face.
I still do a one nighter in mine a couple of times a year - Get in loving it & get out hating it.

I agree, but if your not a giant the Akto is fine, I'm 5ft 8 and think there is plenty of room, but then I also use bivvy bags, so maybe not a good recommendation

I agree, but if your not a giant the Akto is fine, I'm 5ft 8 and think there is plenty of room, but then I also use bivvy bags, so maybe not a good recommendation

Perhaps you were a chrysalis is a past life.

I have a Vango 250 which has a great vestibule area almost as big as the inner tent area.

When it is raining I open the downwind door on the porch, fold back a corner of the porch groundsheet and cook with the gas stove on the ground. The base of the stove gets too hot to place on the groundsheet.

The vestibule end of this tent is great for when the weather is crap. I also have the lower Helinox seat which I can sit on within the vestibule area without my head touching the tent.
ICP0k07.jpg

Back
Top Bottom