Front Brake lever

fatbaldbob

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just took delivery of a new to me 2016 LC, freshly serviced from a main dealer and only 3500 miles. There seems to me to be a lot of movement on the brake lever before anything actually happens, this is not slack, it is set within tolerance, there is pressure on the lever but no effect until its maybe 15mm from the bar. The brakes work fine and the lever does not touch the bar, but it does not feel right to me. I have also adjusted the span, but this makes no difference. I mentioned it to the dealer and they tell me all is in order as the brakes perform as they should. Is this normal for this model.

Yes I think my 2016 model has a bit of travel before the brakes engage. Lots of travel when using hill start and squeezing the lever even more .

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Does not sound right to me, my brakes have very little free play.
Go to the dealership and try the brakes in the show room and then get the man to try your against others side by side. I find this direct comparison effective as it can really show up the difference. If you can include the words 'I think it is potentially dangerous' It tends to make them notice, and ask it to be put on your file that you have raised the issue.

The Hexheads were just the same. Bleed the brakes. When that doesn’t work replace the master cylinder.

Back
Top Bottom