1290r adventure ordered

Jersey bean

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just placed my order for 1290r, took a while to sell my gsa. Had thought about a rallye but when I read the current rear wheel problems & also the various warranty problems I’ve had, decided to go orange. Looking forward to getting it in a couple of weeks & off to France to run it in :)

Just placed my order for 1290r, took a while to sell my gsa. Had thought about a rallye but when I read the current rear wheel problems & also the various warranty problems I’ve had, decided to go orange. Looking forward to getting it in a couple of weeks & off to France to run it in :)

Enjoy :beerjug:

Congrats. You’re in for a lot of fun!

A jersey man buying something from a Guernsey man couldn’t do that ����

Is this too much orange

A last received my 1290r and on the way to being run in, let down by my local dealer but that’s another story. Ended up buying from Premier bikes oxford and what a pleasure to deal with.
1st thoughts are what a different bike to the bmw I had, lighter, slimmer & more agile and you don’t need to plan overtakes. Whilst I liked my gsa this is a whole new experience and I’m really enjoying it. Nice to deal with a dealer who offers a great service instead of the bm stuffiness.

Attachments

• 2A2E5168-36E5-4CEA-BFF2-8981BCE50F97.jpg
    2A2E5168-36E5-4CEA-BFF2-8981BCE50F97.jpg
    264.5 KB · Views: 458
Nice bike and at least you can jump on the ferry easy enough to get to St Malo, that E-bike is plenty for Jersey...............:D

Ha ha very good, just been to St Malo on the 1290 that is couldn’t do 600 miles around Jeresey ��

Both my KTM's came from Premier, probably won't be the last (Other dealers are available - or not, as it would appear in some cases)

Just been to Premier to buy ergo seats for my 1090R.

Walked out with said seats and a sales order for a 1290R.

Not quite sure how that happened? :augie

Just been to Premier to buy ergo seats for my 1090R.

Walked out with said seats and a sales order for a 1290R.

Not quite sure how that happened? :augie

I was lucky, popped in there earlier and came away with just a bottle of oil, but was mightily tempted by an almost new 1290R, if they had a similar bargain S Model I might of came away with one.

My biggest problem is I love my 1190 so much I am loathed to chop it in.

I was lucky, popped in there earlier and came away with just a bottle of oil, but was mightily tempted by an almost new 1290R, if they had a similar bargain S Model I might of came away with one.

My biggest problem is I love my 1190 so much I am loathed to chop it in.

You mean the 3 1290Rs which were preowned by/registered to KTM with between circa 50 and 250 miles on the clock, all registered in June 2018, 1 with road tyres, 2 with knobblies, yours for the princely sum of about £11995?

I must of missed those... ;)

Let’s just say there are no longer 3 available. :D

Hi,
What are people changing the stock silencer for, wings or akrapovic ?

My Akra will be moved across to the 1290R from the 1090R, having been on a 1290SAT before that.

Hi,
What are people changing the stock silencer for, wings or akrapovic ?

I had an Akra on mine, then sold it and bought a wings. The sound from the wings is much nicer & suits the bike more, IMO, and being smaller looks much better on the bike.

My Akra will be moved across to the 1290R from the 1090R, having been on a 1290SAT before that.

Thats getting great value .
Any reasoning why you chose the R over the s
How did sale ? of 1090 go
Please post first impressions after decent ride

Back
Top Bottom