Whats the blackbox under the rear seat 1290s

Five minutes to remove the easy way.

Unplug and block the 2 hoses going into it (Mark them so it is easy to put them ack the same) and then take the big bung out of the drain piple on the LHS of the engine, do not leave that plugged when removing the cannister. The just unscrew the cannister and store it somewhere until you want to flog the bike.

Took me less than 10 minutes and I am a bit of a mechanical numpty.

Or you can get a Rottweiler kit to remove the lot and keep the ECU fooled.

Either way, it is not a US only thing, but a Euro 4 requirement (the box contains a charcoal filter for fuel tank fumes).

Or you can get a Rottweiler kit to remove the lot and keep the ECU fooled.

Either way, it is not a US only thing, but a Euro 4 requirement (the box contains a charcoal filter for fuel tank fumes).

I thought the 5 minute removal of the cannister was great value, not sure removing the remaining pipes and solenoid adds much value, they are out of sight and weigh next to nothing, plus it probably takes a couple of hours to remove the lot - and the same to refit come sale time.

I suppose if you are keeping the bike "forever" it might make a bit more sense.

I thought the 5 minute removal of the cannister was great value, not sure removing the remaining pipes and solenoid adds much value, they are out of sight and weigh next to nothing, plus it probably takes a couple of hours to remove the lot - and the same to refit come sale time.

I suppose if you are keeping the bike "forever" it might make a bit more sense.

Yeah - you're probably right - I had read elsewhere that people were getting ECU warnings if they disconnected without a dongle, so I decided to do it "properly" ;)

I did not "disconnect" anything as such, only plugged 2 pipes and unplugged one.

I think the warning is if you remove the solenoid that opens to suck the fuel into the engine you get the error, that is still on mine happily flipping back and forth and achieving nothing ;-)

Back
Top Bottom