R100GS HEATED GRIP STOPPED WORKING - WHERE DO I START

Big-G

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Help again please. These are the original BMW heated grips and one side has packed in. I only realised when I must have knocked them on and only one was warm. These are a sealed unit so please any advice.
Thanks again.
G

It'll be the left hand one? Do a search on youtube, there's a vid re a repair on an oilhead but the principle is the same. Or put up with a cold hand.

Help again please. These are the original BMW heated grips and one side has packed in. I only realised when I must have knocked them on and only one was warm. These are a sealed unit so please any advice.
Thanks again.
G

On mine it was a broken wire near the relay from what I remember... just wound the wires together and insulation tape! (that should drive the purists crazy)

It'll be the left hand one? Do a search on youtube, there's a vid re a repair on an oilhead but the principle is the same. Or put up with a cold hand.

I think these are the original F series which I seem to remember were replaceable at the time and repairable unlike the G series that came on the 1100's on. I'll start to have a look after the weekend but yes it's the LHS.

Back
Top Bottom