1250 Gs specs reveald

Price increases probably aren’t that relevant to the average 55 year old man buying a new machine on a pcp. If you work on the basis that the contract will cost around £10 per £1,000 in purchase cost the difference between having the latest must have toy and their previous must have toy is probably about £40/month so less than the cost of taking the wife out to dinner once per month.

I like to own my bikes, do whatever miles suits me on them and sell them when I feel like it so a pcp won’t work but for the majority of new bike buyers it’s hard to beat.

Yes. You have been researched and profiled and thus you are the target of the shit shovelling. You are being told what you want despite not needing it.

I feel that this is a thread hijack. Please continue to wank off over the latest and greatest. That is a bit harsh but exactly how it reads from time to time.

Not me, I don't have a GS, I have a RT and not changing anytime soon. :)

Yes. You have been researched and profiled and thus you are the target of the shit shovelling. You are being told what you want despite not needing it.

I feel that this is a thread hijack. Please continue to wank off over the latest and greatest. That is a bit harsh but exactly how it reads from time to time.

No , I make my own choices based on
1. Experience
2. Personal preferences
3. Product requirements and suitability to the purchaser
4. Comparisions to other brands
5. Dealer support and service
etc etc

You seem a bit bitter if you don't mind me saying.

Vote with your feet and wallets, if no one bought new bikes the price would have to come down, stop worrying about having the next greatest thing and ride what you have, spend the money you saved on an extended warranty if it worries you, just ride your bike whatever it is.

No , I make my own choices based on
1. Experience
2. Personal preferences
3. Product requirements and suitability to the purchaser
4. Comparisions to other brands
5. Dealer support and service
etc etc

You seem a bit bitter if you don't mind me saying.

You are talking shit and you don't even know it. You don't need a motorcycle. The finances and science behind products fill several books, are uni degrees on their own and the age old human nature doesn't change. You have been told what you will buy. That is why you bought a motorcycle.

You are talking shit and you don't even know it. You don't need a motorcycle. The finances and science behind products fill several books, are uni degrees on their own and the age old human nature doesn't change. You have been told what you will buy. That is why you bought a motorcycle.

That’s deep man.

But you cannot take away person choice … see all the posts prior to these and you will see , chill out ffs

GS or KTM? GS or KTM...?

We might be getting a bit blinkered. Yesterday at the petrol station I saw a new-ish Aprilia Caponord. Its most notable feature was just how slim it looked from the front.

That V-twin engine's tried and tested - it made me wonder why Aprilias get such little airspace??

GS or KTM? GS or KTM...?

We might be getting a bit blinkered. Yesterday at the petrol station I saw a new-ish Aprilia Caponord. Its most notable feature was just how slim it looked from the front.

That V-twin engine's tried and tested - it made me wonder why Aprilias get such little airspace??
I had a test ride on a 2017 Caponord Rallye
Stonking "little" machine.......felt really, really small compared to my GSA.
The engine is a stonker........feels way more potent than its quoted 125hp.

Lovely bike with electronic suspension.

Sent from a U11

But you cannot take away person choice … see all the posts prior to these and you will see , chill out ffs

Stick, don't be thick. Personal choice, is a matter that when observed objectively, doesn't exist in this world. Do you understand what I'm saying. Not been shafted or not bitter but we, all of us, are being taken for a ride. And then there are those who are so glad for the lift they don't even ask where are we going.

BMW had the opportunity to totally redesign the GS/GSA. Instead there is some bullshit about evolution rather than revolution. They have come to the end of the GS design. From here onwards there will be little improvements in each subsequent model, part of which can be blamed at the design requirements to meet EU legislation but also the restrictions the GS architecture imposes. Like Porsche, when Ferdinand put the engine out the back like in the Beetle for packaging purposes, it was a fabulous and cheaper more reliable supercar? than the competition. Meanwhile the competition moved on but the engine stayed out back (not necessarily a bad thing) giving Porsche 911 a specific driving experience that in the hands of an expert is a very quick machine. They have evolved that design with very good engineering and with clever marketing created a brand and brand following unlike anything you have seen. But, it is still a car with the engine in the wrong place and it is a restriction the engineers have to work around. Same with the GS. The competition will move on and some other brand will revolutionise the design. The BMW marketing and brand awareness is 2nd to none in the motorcycle world.

Stick, don't be thick. Personal choice, is a matter that when observed objectively, doesn't exist in this world. Do you understand what I'm saying. Not been shafted or not bitter but we, all of us, are being taken for a ride. And then there are those who are so glad for the lift they don't even ask where are we going.

BMW had the opportunity to totally redesign the GS/GSA. Instead there is some bullshit about evolution rather than revolution. They have come to the end of the GS design. From here onwards there will be little improvements in each subsequent model, part of which can be blamed at the design requirements to meet EU legislation but also the restrictions the GS architecture imposes. Like Porsche, when Ferdinand put the engine out the back like in the Beetle for packaging purposes, it was a fabulous and cheaper more reliable supercar? than the competition. Meanwhile the competition moved on but the engine stayed out back (not necessarily a bad thing) giving Porsche 911 a specific driving experience that in the hands of an expert is a very quick machine. They have evolved that design with very good engineering and with clever marketing created a brand and brand following unlike anything you have seen. But, it is still a car with the engine in the wrong place and it is a restriction the engineers have to work around. Same with the GS. The competition will move on and some other brand will revolutionise the design. The BMW marketing and brand awareness is 2nd to none in the motorcycle world.

Well you can understand that BMW don't want to lose the advantages of the boxer configuration despite its undoubted disadvantages. They once upon a time tried to move on with the inline engines laid on their sides to retain the low C of G of the boxer, but for whatever reason that experiment failed. Now the boxer twin engine has such a strong association with the brand, just like the multi-cylinder boxer engines in the back of Porsches, that it hard to see how they can do anything radically different, at least for the models which currently use the boxer engine. As it is almost unique, a change to another popular configuration would just be seen as a me-too move. The one thing which I think might work, and has been mooted on here before, is a flat four engine, and that could have some real advantages without too much of an adverse impact on packaging, but might have too much of a change in character for many people to stomach.

I had a test ride on a 2017 Caponord Rallye
Stonking "little" machine.......felt really, really small compared to my GSA.
The engine is a stonker........feels way more potent than its quoted 125hp.

Lovely bike with electronic suspension.

Sent from a U11

I had a test ride on the non-Rallye version, but found the throttle response way too abrupt for smooth progress, though it was quite nice in other respects. I believe the fueling on the later Rallye was improved so that may well be better.

Back
Top Bottom