1250 Gs specs reveald

J
Stick, don't be thick. Personal choice, is a matter that when observed objectively, doesn't exist in this world. Do you understand what I'm saying. Not been shafted or not bitter but we, all of us, are being taken for a ride. And then there are those who are so glad for the lift they don't even ask where are we going.

BMW had the opportunity to totally redesign the GS/GSA. Instead there is some bullshit about evolution rather than revolution. They have come to the end of the GS design. From here onwards there will be little improvements in each subsequent model, part of which can be blamed at the design requirements to meet EU legislation but also the restrictions the GS architecture imposes. Like Porsche, when Ferdinand put the engine out the back like in the Beetle for packaging purposes, it was a fabulous and cheaper more reliable supercar? than the competition. Meanwhile the competition moved on but the engine stayed out back (not necessarily a bad thing) giving Porsche 911 a specific driving experience that in the hands of an expert is a very quick machine. They have evolved that design with very good engineering and with clever marketing created a brand and brand following unlike anything you have seen. But, it is still a car with the engine in the wrong place and it is a restriction the engineers have to work around. Same with the GS. The competition will move on and some other brand will revolutionise the design. The BMW marketing and brand awareness is 2nd to none in the motorcycle world.

Okay , I have owned many bikes , all from a similar stable ,Honda , Yamaha, Kawasaki ,Ducati , Suzuki, but to say that Bmw needs to follow is , for me , difficult to swallow. I say this as the the gs really is a brilliant bike which sits above all the the other manufactures .
If you did a silhouette of design of all the other adventure bikes , it’s would still be a gs.
You harp on about being pushed into choices , no.
I choose to own a bike , I choose to ride , I also choose to find the platform which suits me .
And to put a car reference in WTF

J

Okay , I have owned many bikes , all from a similar stable ,Honda , Yamaha, Kawasaki ,Ducati , Suzuki,

Don’t forget the KTM. You “owned” a KTM, remember? :augie:D

8 years ago, if I told you that that GSA in TE spec would cost near enough 20k you would have told me to fuck off. For what it is the adventure bike market has shown that shovelling shit down the throat of the consumer would earn you a mint and they will fall over each other in a race to acquire the latest piece of crap engineering that said shit shoveller sells. And all this to enrich a family who made a fortune using for one, slave labour to produce batteries for German U-boats. I kid you not. Heavier, more complicated and most certainly to be praised by owner and motorcycle journalist alike. For 20k you can buy a better bike and spend the rest on paying the mortgage off after a tour to Ulaanbaatar. Like sportsbikes, these machines will go out of fashion as soon as they price themselves out of the market and the user reaches retirement age. Prove me wrong and I'll buy you a beer.

Frankly. who gives a shit.

I buy what I want when I want.
All my previous and current bikes have given me great pleasure riding them.

I am glad that BMW rises the price. That way you may recognize the poor people by the orange color.

Knut that was funny...:D
Come over to the other side and leave the loosers alone...;)
GS shit,Porsche 911 shit...Forks and chains are so much better...blablayadayada…!
And the 911 GT2RS just got the 'Ring lap-record for stock street legal cars despite having the engine in the "wrong position"...:p
By the way the 1250 GS specs had been already revealed days ago in the other 1250 thread...:thumb

Versys 1000 will be given consideration next time when i change my bike in 18 months. Deals can be had for 10.500 with luggage etc.

With the spare change possibly a 12 month old KTM 790....

Of course if the re-sale value plummets due to everyone upgrading and flooding the market then i will keep the GS and run it into the ground. Its 5 years old this September with 21k on the clock so has a few more years life left in it.

I doubt very much the new 1250 GS will kick ass against the current crop given its weight gain and poultry bhp increase. A current hill topped bike will be almost comparable if not improved.

You guys make me laugh with your Hilltop B.S....:)
Let's say Bennents is right and a factory like BMW who knows a little bit about building engines gives the current 1170 cc LC Boxer 84 cc more displacement and completely new heads with variable intake valve timing and lift and maybe no throttle flap on top of it and gets +11hp/+15nm out of it while making it legal for the Euro-5 arseholes in Bruessels a small shop for in England sure does not get the same improvements changing a few lines of code which gives the injectors a little bit more or less fuel depending on rpm and throttle position.If you eally believe this you must be either frightening naïve or very gullible...:thumb

Don’t forget the KTM. You “owned” a KTM, remember? :augie:D

Don't fucin start again …………… just accept , I can afford more than one bike , I can buy and sell , I don't care about loosing money . I like to try things .
Do want to try a tugboat , im sure you would like it.:comfort:comfort:comfort:D:D:D you are like a dog with a bone .

JonnyBoxer - Thank the f@ckers in Bruessels for it !
Heavier and quieter exhaust systems,more mechanical complexity,turbos just for C02 numbers while they gut the rain forest that really f@cks the climate...:(

Don't fucin start again …………… just accept , I can afford more than one bike , I can buy and sell , I don't care about loosing money . I like to try things .
Do want to try a tugboat , im sure you would like it.:comfort:comfort:comfort:D:D:D you are like a dog with a bone .

Tugboat , another word I'll have to google !

Stick, maybe you didn't understand. The car reference is to explain that when your marketing of a product is dependent on a design identity then the design will dictate the engineering decisions. Nowhere have I said the 911 is shit nor the that the GS is crap. Read what I post not what you imagine.

JonnyBoxer - Thank the f@ckers in Bruessels for it !
Heavier and quieter exhaust systems,more mechanical complexity,turbos just for C02 numbers while they gut the rain forest that really f@cks the climate...:(

Yep, you get the EU dictat too....................suck it up

Did I ever say California does not suck...;)
There is a reason I go to mexico every year...it's called...Freedom !
But California is still better than the rest of the US :thumb2

Frankly. who gives a shit.

I buy what I want when I want.
All my previous and current bikes have given me great pleasure riding them.

I am glad that BMW rises the price. That way you may recognize the poor people by the orange color.

That is hilarious, post of the month!

Back
Top Bottom