Peak District Adventures on the F800GS

steele01

Reaction score
Hey everyone :)

Re done the thread as I've fixed the pics if any mods wanna delete the old one that would be amazing

So onto the adventure

As a few will know I got an F800GS approved used a week or so back absolutley in love so after being made redundant due to the company closing joys of the uk litho print industry. Decided to take some time out and go explore the UK more in depth. as a oportunity to get back into doing photoraphy again and have a play with some video stuff something I've never done before.

Really loving life on the 800 so far.

Day 1

So get up and its raining like crazy o.0 what happened to the heatwave we were having allways the way new bike = rain

Decided that wouldn't stop me so cracked on first stop was the Cat and Fiddle rather than pull up in pub Id stop at one of the pull ins and check the view out.

Hassy's + wet weather = near epic fail but got away with it. Really loving the Vario top box for carrying my camera kit.
F800GS Peak District Adventure by Tom Steele, on Flickr

Tried the splitter but not really to mad on it helped a little but mainly just pushes the wind right into my visor area

Really coming to apreciate the lines on the GS subtle but nice design.

For those that havn't ridden the cat and fiddle there's alotta camera's average speed ones

Finally the rain let up just a tiny bit to be replaced by wind joys.

So it was time to leave and crack on to the next location.

Stopped on a little pull in that was quite nice and quiet with a view over a resovouir

Was finally drying out so gave me a chance to get the good ol visor cleaner out :)

Really love some of these view points :) always seems like a good place to stop

So onto Day 2 :)

yet again the weather is against me as per usual some of the most crazy side winds I've experienced

Went the usual route over the cat, into Hope Via Wynatts pass was crazily busy though so didn't stop flicked an about turn to Monsall Head another beauty spot decided to pull up a bit before hand an crack tha camera out maybe something a lil different well attempt to anyway haha.

Think this was probably one of my fav's of Day 2 for anyone that knows the road its very technical and bumpy and lots of crests. the 800 just ate it up more composed than most bikes I've road down it an thats alotta bikes :)

Quick look across the hills an its time to press on wont win any awards for this haha but was sorta a cool view so took a quick grab shot

Time to jump back on an press on as per usual Monsall Head was rammed for the time of day so pressed on to my next stop one of my fav places Monyash!! Usually go there on my rd250lc Yamaha an you get lots of classics problem is parking can be a pain.

so pulled up on the side of one of the shortcuts initially a great idea till I realised how busy it was always the way so took a few quick shots then went to Matlock again rammed for a week day which was ace to see so many bikes out!!

Then did the return loop home :) Day 3 to come soon

Hope you all enjoy getting out at such a life changing time is keeping me sane :)

Well done with the edit, great pictures,

Thanks :) Flickr seems to work best for posting quality wise now photobucket is defunct the forum upload one was destroying the quality.

Really in love with the bike :D an it's looks. Putting the adv 800 mounting bar for the screen my nav V an the puig adjustable screen that's for the 800adv on this weekend :)

Can't please everyone haha

*scratches head* BMW forum? Not landscape photography forum?

Anyway here's a landscape for you from the road toward Monyash
Landscape by Tom Steele, on Flickr

Still not finished going through all the pictures :)

More to add yet + some footage of the ride along some of the roads just taking a bit to go through on my gas powered computer haha
All just for fun while I'm figuring out what to do next career wise

Can't please everyone haha

*scratches head* BMW forum? Not landscape photography forum?

Anyway here's a landscape for you from the road toward Monyash
Landscape by Tom Steele, on Flickr

Still not finished going through all the pictures :)

More to add yet + some footage of the ride along some of the roads just taking a bit to go through on my gas powered computer haha
All just for fun while I'm figuring out what to do next career wise

Thats more like it!
we should know what a bike looks like, a tour of an area is to show us what you found in that area to photograph!

Yeah no worries next time I'm out if I have more time I'll do a bit more scenery providing its worth a shot lighting wise etc of otherwise it doesn't get taken. :beerjug:

Nice pics there mate, give us a bell when your around next. I can show you some of the less travelled roads!

Cheers mate will do :) I'll pop on soon could do with getting some more clothing gear at some point
Rest of the landscapes for the scenery are coming guys along with some on boards just taking a while to get round to doing

Seeing the threads been moved might as well be geeky haha.

For anyone thats interested

Just done a retrofit of the adv bar from the 800gsa and a puig height adjustable touring screen meant for the 800gsa quite straightforward some left overs haha as the puig comes with quite a bit of stuff that I thought I'd need grommets wise an was some bits missing on the EPC.
Come out brilliant though.
Completely changed the entire look of the bike for the better. Will be interesting to see if it fixes the buffeting issue from the standard screen.
Looking at the puig aerodynamic print outs I think it will make a huge change.

Put the nav cradle together as well finishing of the install tomorrow then gonna get out for some fresh pics some an some more landscapes :beerjug:

So got out for a short ride before the weather set in
Retrofitted the support bar of the 800 GSA and the height adjustable puig here's my initial thoughts an a few riding views from around the Peak District

Ok so as a continuation from day 3 and 1 :)

Day 2 really feeling the black an white so decided to re process the landscape above probably one of my all time fav roads

Landscape 1 by Tom Steele, on Flickr

Day 3
had a ride out to Edale direction unfurtnatly ran outta batteries on the go pro so didn't get much footage of that :)

Did however spot an amazing cloud burst some days rainy weather makes for some epic views was a really quiet lil chapel thing so just had some time to think as you do.

A0002822_final by Tom Steele, on Flickr

Hoping to do some more tomorrow probably get drenched looking at the forcast thank god for good gear :D

Back
Top Bottom