Kelly kettles and alternatives

To be honest I’d go with a jet boil if I was only making one or two cups. The Alpkit one I’ve got will boil enough for 2 cups in about 90 seconds when used with a full gas cylinder so it’s just the easiest way to do it.

Jetboil does 2 cups in 90 secs; well impressed; thats alot better than the pan i use for everything.:beerjug: Have a good trip.

So here’s the verdict.

The Kelly works well with twigs when you want a brew.

If you want to actually cook on it use a Trangia burner if you have one. Another alternative is a small gas burner with a remote feed for the gas because the lack of control using twigs plus black pans is a pain in the arse.

They’re bulky but good at what they do. I’ll leave it at home for a small gas burner in the future unless I’m going full on wild camping where buying gas might be an issue but even then I can carry a lot of gas in the space taken up by the Kelly. They’re probably best left for preppers expecting a zombie attack.

I spent a full day making 3 to 4 inch twigs in the garden a couple of summers ago .:loopy

I've a massive sack of perfect twigs in my cellar for occasional camping trips, even more :loopy:loopy

Back
Top Bottom