Those Bastards bennetts (Again!)

Rasher

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I had not used Bennetts for over a decade as the last time it ended up with me having to get the ombudsmen involced after I cancelled a fully paid up policy and they wanted to charge me more than a years premium to cancel a 2 month old policy.

I made the mistake of going back as they had some great prices this year for my 3 bikes, OK so this might be my own fault, but they assured me they had sorted this out and NEVER charge more than the remaining balance to cancel if you pay in full up front.

So I had my V-Strom on its own policy as I wanted full business cover, paid £140 for the year and then a few weeks ago sold it. I phone up to cancel the policy and they confirm I will be getting a refund (after they spank me an admin fee) so I think great, all good.....

…. then I get a text message to call them, so I ring up and they ask how I want to pay the £140 outstanding balance, so I tell the dopy fuckwits I had paid in full for the year and they owe me money, after an eternity on hold they come back and say, oh yes, no problem ass sorted....

...today I get a letter telling me I owe them £140.

I think I need to get onto the Ombudsmen again.

What a useless bunch of f*****g c***s!!!!!

My bad experience with a Bennetts cancellation a couple of years ago was nothing like yours but I wouldn't use them again. Your tale has justified my decision.

They're all as bad, don't go to Carole Nash whatever you do, another load of a$$holes

They're all as bad, don't go to Carole Nash whatever you do, another load of a$$holes

I left CN, when I added the 1090 to the stable they could only give me NCD on one of the bikes, if I moved it to the 1090 and added my Mrs to the Policy it was OK, but then the 1190 Policy jumped from £250 to £800.

Considering they say insurance prices are based on risk I could not understand now I had another bike to ride, therefore less time to ride the 1190, how come they thought the exact same rider, riding the bike less was now more than 3 times more likely to have an accident? Twats!

I had not used Bennetts for over a decade as the last time it ended up with me having to get the ombudsmen involced after I cancelled a fully paid up policy and they wanted to charge me more than a years premium to cancel a 2 month old policy.

I made the mistake of going back as they had some great prices this year for my 3 bikes, OK so this might be my own fault, but they assured me they had sorted this out and NEVER charge more than the remaining balance to cancel if you pay in full up front.

So I had my V-Strom on its own policy as I wanted full business cover, paid £140 for the year and then a few weeks ago sold it. I phone up to cancel the policy and they confirm I will be getting a refund (after they spank me an admin fee) so I think great, all good.....

…. then I get a text message to call them, so I ring up and they ask how I want to pay the £140 outstanding balance, so I tell the dopy fuckwits I had paid in full for the year and they owe me money, after an eternity on hold they come back and say, oh yes, no problem ass sorted....

...today I get a letter telling me I owe them £140.

I think I need to get onto the Ombudsmen again.

What a useless bunch of f*****g c***s!!!!!

Remember your anguish in 10 years time when you're tempted with a cheaper price.

I left CN, when I added the 1090 to the stable they could only give me NCD on one of the bikes, if I moved it to the 1090 and added my Mrs to the Policy it was OK, but then the 1190 Policy jumped from £250 to £800.

Considering they say insurance prices are based on risk I could not understand now I had another bike to ride, therefore less time to ride the 1190, how come they thought the exact same rider, riding the bike less was now more than 3 times more likely to have an accident? Twats!

Because "Risks" are about more than "having an accident".. You have acquired a motorcycle that is very sought after by brigands and ne'er do wells.

Because "Risks" are about more than "having an accident".. You have acquired a motorcycle that is very sought after by brigands and ne'er do wells.

The point is I acquired a less desirable motorcycle and therefore the more desirable one would do less miles and spend more time locked away in the garage away from said ne'er do wells.

The point is I acquired a less desirable motorcycle and therefore the more desirable one would do less miles and spend more time locked away in the garage away from said ne'er do wells.

Locked away in the garage all by itself while you're out riding the cheap one that no one wants to steal.... Which one is most at risk of being stolen ?

Back
Top Bottom