How Much ???

Nice 'n' Fat

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I've just been speaking with a local here in Marbella, Spain who has just bought a brand new Triple Black GSA. All luggaged up he was on a top (TE) spec bike

"How much did that cost?" said I

"28500 Euro otr" said he

FFS :eek:

Not sure about Spain Paul but in Portugal they have extra taxes on top of the normal VAT for cars and bikes, when bought new.

Just tried the French configurator to find the equivalent

GSA Triple Black with all packs and options possible, including emergency call & alarm comes out at 23,150 euros catalogue price

So add about 850 euros for panniers to that and subtract 7% from the total which is the usual discount you can get

So your OTR price with carte grise etc will be about 22,650 euros

This does not impress me much.

In Norway, a loaded -18 GSA with all packages and including alucases will set you back with €31000.

And if we think that is bad, we log onto the Danish BMW page, where, according to "build your own" a fully loaded, but without alucases (not available in the configurator) will set you back €49 000.

Don't blame BMW for those ridiculous prices.
These are the taxes...someone has to pay for the EU-banksters and all the millions of afreecans taking advantage of open borders and free stay...you can't have it all...cheap GS's or poor banksters and afreecans getting help...:D
But here in the US is the same after Bush started endle$$$ wars and tax cuts for poor millionaires making the $$$ worth less than the paper it is printed on...1200GS-ADV is around $25000 + depending on state roughly 10% tax and licensing fees...:(

I’ve just paid £15200 after discounts for a brand new Rallye 1200 TE (TFT) with no luggage.... but all other bells and whistles...

They also cleared a small amount of negative equity on my trade in....

Seems like the UK is not so bad!!!!

Could be a market for exporting low mileage GS & GSA's to Europe :augie

A few years back A local to me HD dealer lost their franchise for selling “Second Hand” Harley’s to Europe.... often saw a Dutch sprinter collecting three or four pre reg bikes at a time....

Could be a market for exporting low mileage GS & GSA's to Europe :augie

In some cases there might be a bit of savings.
For a newer one the savings will be marginal. The taxes will be added and have to be paid before you get the plates on.

Also, if relevant, you will not get the 5 years warranty, as comes with the ones sold domestic, and last but not least, bikes from UK are left-hand drive...:beerjug:

A few years back A local to me HD dealer lost their franchise for selling “Second Hand” Harley’s to Europe.... often saw a Dutch sprinter collecting three or four pre reg bikes at a time....

There is still a Dutch guy buying bikes , he gave my nephew 4000 g for a 2008 KTM 450 with supermoto wheels + original , best part is we only paid 3200 3 years before and thraashed the shit out of it for 3 years of Enduro meets and road use .
Winner

There is still a Dutch guy buying bikes , he gave my nephew 4000 g for a 2008 KTM 450 with supermoto wheels + original , best part is we only paid 3200 3 years before and thraashed the shit out of it for 3 years of Enduro meets and road use .
Winner

Where did you advertise it?

Back
Top Bottom