SENA 30k problem

The Heff

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I had a SENA 20s as did most of the group I ride with. Over all no issues until it became defective

It was returned to the dealership about 22 months into the 2 year warranty and I was credited the full purchase price

In the meantime, I looked at the SENA 30k. It appeared to be the dogs bollox according to all the info I read, so paid the difference to buy the 30k

When it arrived, I connected it as before to my iPhone and Garmin 660 without issue and all appeared good, until I went out with the group all with 20s sets

The Bluetooth intercom connected without issue, but I lost my music. When I got the music back, I lost the intercom.

After several attempts over a few days with various settings I could not get the intercom and music at the same time

It was only after I went into the SENA website and read up on the 30k that I discovered a flaw.

Even though the 30k has 2x Bluetooth chips, one of these chips is dedicated to the SENA ‘MESH’ network and can not be used for anything else, which leaves the other Bluetooth chip to connect either to the phone, sat nav or intercom. I found other forums were other owners had a similar problem. SENA are looking at a fix to sort this out.

I would imagine that if everyone was on 30k units, it would work faultlessly as would the music or sat nav etc

So I complained, and the unit was return after 2 weeks and another credit issued with which I have now bought the SENA 20s Evo

So be warned if you’re thinking of buying one

I've also bought the 30K and although it seems to work with little issues the only person I ride with that uses a comms unit as a Nexx com and it won't connect to the 30K, + it's a bit of a pain having to turn everything on in a particular sequence i.e. comms unit before the TFT and nav 6, or it won't play.
I really do need to find out if it will connect to others or if I have a duff unit :blast

Back
Top Bottom