Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hotel help - Pyrenees and Picos

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    I would appreciate that wessie. We are arriving in Bilbao mid afternoon so should give the chambermaid chance to pressure wash it otherwise...

Gone Fishin' Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    On the Spanish side of the Pyrenees, Hotel Les Brases in Sort is a good base. Bike friendly, secure lock-up for bikes. Food in the hotel is OK and some nice restaurants in the town

Great loop north via C13 over Col de Bonaigua to Viellha then south to La Pobla de Segur via N230 and N260 then north again back to Sort - about 120 miles.

Quote Originally Posted by wessie View Post
    that's only the first 2 nights. Not sailing home until 2nd Oct. Assuming the weather is okay, I will keep going west as far as Porto then head east for a couple of nights in San Sebastian and then 2 final nights in Bilbao. There will be further overnights in between those places. If N.Spain & N.Portugal have poor weather then I can head east into France or even down to the Sierra Nevada as it is just me and one of my bikes (not decided which, yet, S1000XR or R1200RS).

How green are you now
    Time to cut the grass in the garden, the colour is annoying me! The Sierra Nevada is fantastic, we did it in 2016 exploring the area around Antequra. We also did the Alhambra on a quiet day. We did the Ronda road but on a Hire F650GS with full luggage, so hardly a tarmac ripping machine.

Have a great break Wessie you will love it and traveling on your own you will meet so many more people than if you travel as a pair or a group.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Arsey View Post
    Definitely Hotel Del Oso for Picos

Food is brilliant and you can go for a ride before brek

Just booked a week here next june got a deal with Brittany ferries for boat and hotel on the forum recommendations looking forward to it first time around thd picos.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by shuck raider View Post
    On the Spanish side of the Pyrenees, Hotel Les Brases in Sort is a good base. Bike friendly, secure lock-up for bikes. Food in the hotel is OK and some nice restaurants in the town

Great loop north via C13 over Col de Bonaigua to Viellha then south to La Pobla de Segur via N230 and N260 then north again back to Sort - about 120 miles.

I've stayed there too - great hotel as you say. Brilliant breakfast with fried eggs straight from the pan!
    "I must be traveling on now 'cause there's too many places I've got to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Khulu View Post
    I've stayed there too - great hotel as you say. Brilliant breakfast with fried eggs straight from the pan!
    And that restaurant you see on the lhs is the only Michelin starred one in the area.

The C13 is magnificent!

Wanted del oso in the picos but full so went to Fuente de instead and had a great time - the run up to the hotel is fab and a cable car to the top of the mountain is a good distraction

Quote Originally Posted by Popell View Post
    And that restaurant you see on the lhs is the only Michelin starred one in the area.

The C13 is magnificent!

Wanted del oso in the picos but full so went to Fuente de instead and had a great time - the run up to the hotel is fab and a cable car to the top of the mountain is a good distraction
    I didn't know about the restaurant! I'll have to go back again now.

Quote Originally Posted by Popell View Post

The C13 is magnificent!

I came in via the C13 to Sort from Foix, France. Lovely ride.

Quote Originally Posted by wessie View Post
    that's only the first 2 nights. Not sailing home until 2nd Oct. Assuming the weather is okay, I will keep going west as far as Porto then head east for a couple of nights in San Sebastian and then 2 final nights in Bilbao. There will be further overnights in between those places. If N.Spain & N.Portugal have poor weather then I can head east into France or even down to the Sierra Nevada as it is just me and one of my bikes (not decided which, yet, S1000XR or R1200RS).

How green are you now
    Sell both and get a KTM...just a thought 🤪

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12