Where to get Metzeler Enduro 3 Sahara 90/90-21TL 54H n this country ?

B Murr

Reaction score
Not sure what's the problem with our tyre importers but tried to get the above tyre from two local bike shops. One never even rang back with feedback, the other has it on backorder but saying their tyre supply source can't even give a date as not available at present. So what to do, import from UK via online shops where it is indeed available? Always seems to be the same story in this country, no wonder physical shops have a tough time competing against the Web.

Tried the above but that front in Tl version is evasive. I've found that I can get them plus tbe equivalent 130/80-17 Tl from holland for just over €230 which is what I reckon I'll end up doing. Seems a shame though, local bike shop are s nice bunch and are competitively priced in most things.

I bought them from Lee Honda previously. I'm guessing you have tried there ? I loved the thread pattern on them but not the wear rate. The Tourance is a far better wearing tyre, I find.

I bought them from Lee Honda previously. I'm guessing you have tried there ? I loved the thread pattern on them but not the wear rate. The Tourance is a far better wearing tyre, I find.

I did try them, only a back tyre, front coukd be months arriving if at all apparently

I've had great success with Oponeo.ie, I emailed them when what I wanted wasn't on their lists and they came good.

I've had great success with Oponeo.ie, I emailed them when what I wanted wasn't on their lists and they came good.

Cheers Fran. I didn't think of emailing them, just took their Web listing as being full definition of what they have. I'll email them and see what happens. Did try James Sherlock but price not ad good ad the Dutch operation which is probably down to exchange rates for UK importers etc.

Got reply from oponeo which essentially reads as saying if it on our site we have it, if not we don't. If you want to find out when we get it back in check our website and if it's there its back in stock.

Dutch guys getting an order for the front at least tomorrow, local shop will get order for the rear if they are anywhere near the Dutch guys price tomorrow.

Ah well, local shop back tyre costs €25 more before fitting, thats about 25% extra over dutch guys. I do like my local shop but at end of day thats €25 that can be spent on something else and of course I'd still have to order the front tyre online. So www.onlymx.com got the order for two tyres despite my best efforts to support local business.

They're on their way now from onlymx. Took them a week to despatch so I'm guessing they didn't hold stock but Dutch suppliers doing a better job than the Irish ones who tend to rely on UK wholesaler ( what they'll do after brexit will be interesting ad it's the,same for most goods here)

They're on their way now from onlymx. Took them a week to despatch so I'm guessing they didn't hold stock but Dutch suppliers doing a better job than the Irish ones who tend to rely on UK wholesaler ( what they'll do after brexit will be interesting ad it's the,same for most goods here)

It might work out well for us on the "gear" front....if the Irish stockist are able to break ties with the UK distributors. The problem is that in a lot of cases that when a distributor wins the rights for a global brand, little old Ireland is thrown into the deal for good measure!!

Two nice new tyres arrived yesterday from onlymx, only problem us they are the wrong ones as not tubeless. I don't know who's the bigger idiot, the person who packed them knowing that there were differences between what the packing list specified and what was written on the tyres labels or me for trusting them. They'll sort it in the end but what a palaver and I now see that oponeo have them in stock but at higher price than onlymx

Finally, correct tyres arrived yesterday, they nearly sent wrong ones out again apparently. I see their website now pricing the set at €280 which is more in line with local pricing but way above the €219 +postage that I paid. Call me cynical but it could be that they messed up their pricing, sent tubed tyres out in hope I was on a tubed rim anyway and in end hoped I'd give up and ask for refund as at one stage they did offer that option. I did ask for some free valves to compensate for the delay but that didn't elude a response, which wouldn't be surprising if they had screwed up their pricing.

Back
Top Bottom