Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Renewal time

  1. #1
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Redditch, Worcs
    Posts
    7,339

    Renewal time

    Well it's that time of year again when we do the multi-bike renewal merry go round. I am with IAM Surety/Cornmarket and have been for a few years but after yet another year of no claims they are trying to stiff me with a 23% increase for no good reason at all, they do this every year. I have told them to stuff it as I am not prepared to play the game of "well if you get another lower quote we will do our best to match it". Fuck em, they do this every year and my view is well if you can do it cheaper then give me your best quote in the first place instead of trying to scalp me every year, loyalty should be a two way street.

    I have tried a few other quotes with the usual suspects and Bikesure have come up with the goods that is a whopping £150 cheaper. It is quite flexinble - each bike has a different excess and a different expected mileage and I can declare which bike I will take a pillion which is only the GSA anyway. I was on the phone with Bikesure for about an hour but obviously the reward for the effort is quite considerable.
    2010 BMW R1200GSA
    2017 Kawasaki Z1000SX Touring
    2007 Suzuki Bandit 1250S
    1989 Jaguar XJS 5.3 Convertible

  2. #2
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Bracknell
    Posts
    2,756
    I know what you mean as I am with them


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Royston, Hertfordshire
    Posts
    1,214
    Have a look at Hastings Direct, they were easy to deal with and the best deal by far and I was with the IAM and had the same issue.

  4. #4
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Canterbury, Kent
    Posts
    8,079
    I’ve just renewed via Bennetts again (insurer is Highways).

    Fully comp with ALL the trimmings (and I do mean ALL the trimmings) for £232....came down by £3.37 vs last year.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bounce

    KTM 1290 Super Adventure
    KTM 400 EXC

  5. #5
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    In exile in Derbyshire
    Posts
    736
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Snooty View Post
    Well it's that time of year again when we do the multi-bike renewal merry go round. I am with IAM Surety/Cornmarket and have been for a few years but after yet another year of no claims they are trying to stiff me with a 23% increase for no good reason at all, they do this every year. I have told them to stuff it as I am not prepared to play the game of "well if you get another lower quote we will do our best to match it". Fuck em, they do this every year and my view is well if you can do it cheaper then give me your best quote in the first place instead of trying to scalp me every year, loyalty should be a two way street.

    I have tried a few other quotes with the usual suspects and Bikesure have come up with the goods that is a whopping £150 cheaper. It is quite flexinble - each bike has a different excess and a different expected mileage and I can declare which bike I will take a pillion which is only the GSA anyway. I was on the phone with Bikesure for about an hour but obviously the reward for the effort is quite considerable.
    It shouldn’t be that hard. Magnet recently had a renewal quote for here bike from IAM Surety which was, as usual, too high. We just did a search with MCN compare, saved the results and rang Surety. They just asked for the source of the quote and the reference, checked it, and shed over a ton off their renewal quote. Ten minutes work. Job done.
    There are but three parts to make up a man: his shadow behind, the road ahead and the clothes on his back.

  6. #6
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Redditch, Worcs
    Posts
    7,339
    Quote Originally Posted by harry the cat View Post
    It shouldn’t be that hard. Magnet recently had a renewal quote for here bike from IAM Surety which was, as usual, too high. We just did a search with MCN compare, saved the results and rang Surety. They just asked for the source of the quote and the reference, checked it, and shed over a ton off their renewal quote. Ten minutes work. Job done.
    I agree Harry, it is not difficult, but I am just pissed off with their attempt every year to scalp me instead of treating me as a valued and loyal customer - why should I have to do their work for them every year? they should always give me the best price they can offer without this annual merry-go-round. Their failure to be honest has resulted in them losing my custom.
    2010 BMW R1200GSA
    2017 Kawasaki Z1000SX Touring
    2007 Suzuki Bandit 1250S
    1989 Jaguar XJS 5.3 Convertible

  7. #7
    Wot Larks Pip! Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    The Garioch, Scotland
    Posts
    1,633
    I’ll be in the same boat soon. They tend to give you the same reasons for the increase each year but I’m not ‘avin it this year!

  8. #8
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    In exile in Derbyshire
    Posts
    736
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Snooty View Post
    I agree Harry, it is not difficult, but I am just pissed off with their attempt every year to scalp me instead of treating me as a valued and loyal customer - why should I have to do their work for them every year? they should always give me the best price they can offer without this annual merry-go-round. Their failure to be honest has resulted in them losing my custom.
    You’re right of course but with all due respect that’s old school thinking. Sadly all insurers play the same game in these cynical times. I take the path of minimising the effort and sticking with an insurer who will cough up in case of a claim. I find the Norn Irish folk who still deal with Cornmarket’s IAM stuff quite easy to deal with. ‘You pays your money etc.’ I suppose
    There are but three parts to make up a man: his shadow behind, the road ahead and the clothes on his back.

  9. #9
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    East Midlands
    Posts
    2,769
    Strangely enough just rejoined the IAM after 20 years to take advantage of the IAM/Cornhill insurance deal.

    Found the cheapest comparable quote from Confused.com which came up with Hastings for both the KTM and the Scrambler (separate policies as need to have the wife as named rider on the latter) and then Cornhill beat both quotes by 10% and give better cover etc

    Also found the chap on the phone from Cornhill a pleasure to deal with so very happy so far
    Paul S

    Previous BM's: R100GS, R1100GS, R1150GS, R1200GS(04), R1150GSA(04), R1200GSA(06), R1200GSA(08), R1200GS TB (11) written off, R1200GS WC (13) R1200gsa WC (14)
    Current Bikes: BMW Scrambler X & KTM 1290 Super Adventure S

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Anyone attending a Ride Out or Event organised through the UKGSer Forums does so at their own risk.
UKGSer.com or anyone organising an event posted here will not be held responsible in any way for damage or personal injury sustained while attending any such events.

Members attending any such event do so at their own risk.

The text, images, graphics, sound files, animation files, video files, and their arrangement on this Website are all subject to copyright and other intellectual property protection. These objects may not be copied for commercial use or distribution, nor may these objects be modified or reposted to other sites without prior written permission.

Disclaimer: Use or depiction of the BMW logo or trademark throughout this web site is for illustrative and editorial purposes only, and to the benefit of the trademark owner, with no intention of infringement of the trademark.

The UKGSer Forums may include adult content for which it cannot be held responsible. Your use of this website constitutes acceptance of the UKGSER network privacy policy

"Its about being a grown up hooligan - and if that means a dark visor, remus open pipe and a bit of speeding out of town then all well and good"