Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 17 to 22 of 22

Thread: Upgrade from F700GS...

  1. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Runny eggs and strangers, white lines and unmade beds.
    Posts
    21,489
    Decision made - the F700GS stays! Booked in for its last dealer service later this month (because it's the valve check and, i think, full brake fluid replacement). It'll be home serviced after that. Also new tyres and chain and sprockets. I could easily do the chain and sprockets myself but I'm lazy.

    It has always been more a tool rather than a toy, though I have enjoyed riding it for fun. It will now become solely a commuting tool and I can't imagine I'll want to spend much leisure time on it. I may consider some seat improvement - after each one way trip my bum is very uncomfortable. The standard seat is too narrow.

  2. #18
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Lincolnshire, Nottingham
    Posts
    1,451
    Quote Originally Posted by Quinten View Post
    Decision made - the F700GS stays! Booked in for its last dealer service later this month (because it's the valve check and, i think, full brake fluid replacement). It'll be home serviced after that. Also new tyres and chain and sprockets. I could easily do the chain and sprockets myself but I'm lazy.

    It has always been more a tool rather than a toy, though I have enjoyed riding it for fun. It will now become solely a commuting tool and I can't imagine I'll want to spend much leisure time on it. I may consider some seat improvement - after each one way trip my bum is very uncomfortable. The standard seat is too narrow.
    Great little bike, very underestimated imo....
    Had one & fitted a Puig screen, crash bars & the expensive BMW comfort seat, a cheap set of aux lights & its a game changer & usable most of the year round. The crash bars were Hepco Becker
    Good luck.

  3. #19
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    23,001
    Quote Originally Posted by Quinten View Post

    But favourite option - especially with SWMBO - is spend a bit to tart up the F700GS and keep that for commuting. Given that the commute will never really be fun all it needs is competence - something the F700 undoubtedly has with (so far) 100% reliability, 70+mpg, nice and easy to ride. So unless I change my mind I don't think I'll be changing bikes in the short term after all.
    Have you been hanging out with JB lately?

    He’ll be proud!

  4. #20
    Oh Yes.... Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    31,988
    Quote Originally Posted by The Nutty KTMer View Post
    Have you been hanging out with JB lately?

    He’ll be proud!
    JB would be selling the 700 GS & then buying another a couple of weeks later...

    Perfekt ist nicht gut genug.

    UKGSER-A place where I've wasted so much time, learned so much, laughed a lot and cried a few times.

    Every bed of roses has pricks in it!

  5. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Runny eggs and strangers, white lines and unmade beds.
    Posts
    21,489
    Quote Originally Posted by snaponphil View Post
    Great little bike, very underestimated imo....
    Had one & fitted a Puig screen, crash bars & the expensive BMW comfort seat, a cheap set of aux lights & its a game changer & usable most of the year round. The crash bars were Hepco Becker
    Good luck.
    One benefit of keeping it will mean a budget to 'personalise' it a little...

  6. #22
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Wapping, London
    Posts
    47,653
    Quote Originally Posted by Quinten View Post
    One benefit of keeping it will mean a budget to 'personalise' it a little...
    A posy on the front would be apt.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Anyone attending a Ride Out or Event organised through the UKGSer Forums does so at their own risk.
UKGSer.com or anyone organising an event posted here will not be held responsible in any way for damage or personal injury sustained while attending any such events.

Members attending any such event do so at their own risk.

The text, images, graphics, sound files, animation files, video files, and their arrangement on this Website are all subject to copyright and other intellectual property protection. These objects may not be copied for commercial use or distribution, nor may these objects be modified or reposted to other sites without prior written permission.

Disclaimer: Use or depiction of the BMW logo or trademark throughout this web site is for illustrative and editorial purposes only, and to the benefit of the trademark owner, with no intention of infringement of the trademark.

The UKGSer Forums may include adult content for which it cannot be held responsible. Your use of this website constitutes acceptance of the UKGSER network privacy policy

"Its about being a grown up hooligan - and if that means a dark visor, remus open pipe and a bit of speeding out of town then all well and good"