Decision made.... Goodbye GSA, hello 1290 ADV R

That’s exactly how I felt when I got rid of my GS earlier this year. Absolutely no regrets so far, and as you say, the next GS will have to be phenomenal to get me back to BMW.

For me, it's all about the ownership experience as a whole. I like the guys at Cotswold and they've always gone the extra mile for me. It's really important to get that right and so far the few KTM dealers I've visited just aren't up with the program by comparison. I've had dealer staff walk 1m from me and completely blank me....this blows my mind. Alex and his men at Cotswold usually make the time to say 'hi how you doing' and actually sound like they mean it. Not always, but usually. There are guys who buy a new bike, sometimes more than one, every year from Cotswold. There's a good reason why! Yet here they are still saying cheers to a bloke who's had his GSA since Sept 14 and hasn't bought another BMW since! That's how it should be in every dealership....and the smaller the dealership the more critical this aspect is. Make time for the customer. Call them twice a year and ask 'How's that GS going?....I've got a deal for you right here Chris on a new one, come and have a look'. And I would. When I started a new business 15 years ago a mate said....you need to read this Chris: https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=fisXDQAAQBAJ&printsec=frontcover&dq=dale+carnegie&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjcsrmM95vdAhWsJcAKHQtfA7MQ6AEIKTAA#v=onepage&q=dale%20carnegie&f=false It's a cliche now, but if anyone who want's to do well in a sales role (or life in general TBO) hasn't read and understood it's value they should take up carpet cleaning instead. :green gri

Sorry....gone off on one! But I think I'm not alone in thinking like this. If only I ruled the world :D

The above said, right now, the 1290 suits, average dealer experience or not. That says something, doesn't it?

Can you stick a picture of the bike on here please

43693473374_0c8d0ab401_z.jpg

Just for Nutty

No they are the spoked S (I do believe the T Wheels will fit as well) sized wheels that are available to order as an extra.

No they are the spoked S (I do believe the T Wheels will fit as well) sized wheels that are available to order as an extra.

So, no reason why the cast wheels won’t fit then :thumb

I’m waiting to see what updates the 2019 bikes will bring, then will see what deals can be had.

I’m waiting to see what updates the 2019 bikes will bring, then will see what deals can be had.

I predict maybe a few extra horsepower, a few new shiny geehaws that won't actually improve the riding experience at all, a small price increase and the same shitty airbox they've had since 2013.

I predict maybe a few extra horsepower, a few new shiny geehaws that won't actually improve the riding experience at all, a small price increase and the same shitty airbox they've had since 2013.

Bloody splendid! :p

No, they’ll charge an extra grand for insulating the headers so people don’t cry about it.

No, they’ll charge an extra grand for insulating the headers so people don’t cry about it.

They can try, but I’ve got a set of brand new ceramic headers sat on the shelf ready to go on :D

Back
Top Bottom